Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masonjp34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Can I get emancipated?
    I have been looking intoi emancipation for a while now but it seems as if other people have more complicated story's than I do and they could not succeed. I am 16 years of age and me and my parents have not gotten along in months. My mom was a single parent for most of my life, until my step dad came into play. When they got married my life pretty much went down the drain. If I could look at my life right now I would say that I am pretty much already living on my own. I am getting my GED and going to work full time. I go to work and go out with my friends and then come home and go to bed. There are some days I don't see my mom or step dad 1 time. My girlfriend which will be 17 October 31st and I have been talking about me getting amancipated and moving down to where she lives. Not to have a big head or anything but she is very well off (welthy). So if I ever needed help she would be the first to help me out. I have looked at the market down there and it seems that with a full time job I could make the rent with my giurlfriend chipping in a little. The main reason I am looking at moving out is my parents. They blame me for anythign and everything and is drunk pretty much ever night. My step dad tries to start fist fights with me and my mom does nothing but constantly yells at me. I am just over this life and I am positive that I am more than able to live in the real world on my own. I have the maturity and the comitment to have a job and keep up on everything I need to do to live on my own. Please help me out with this preoblem that I have. Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
    To be emancipated, you do this.

Get the job first, and have enough income to prove you can pay all the bills, rent, electric food. Then save up enough money to deposits and the such, and save up enough money to pay an attorney to file your paper work.

So assumming you will need about 3000 or so for an attorney, another 1000 of so for deposits and move in, So I would say if you save up about 5000 you should be able to start it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emancipated [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is Brittany.I'm 16yrs old and about to have a baby. I'm writing to ask how do I get emancipated. I've heard that as long as I have a job, a place to stay, show that I can take care of myself without my parents, and have a good reason why I want to get emancipated than I can. I have a...

Thinking about getting Emancipated [ 9 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I am tired of living at home. I get into fights with my dad (who is very good at psychological abuse) and whenever this happens, I am forced to my room for days on end. Usually the only thing I come out for is to go to school. Recently, my boyfriend (who is older than I am)...

To be emancipated in INdiana. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I am 16 And will turn 17 in 5 days. My parents are really mantally and sometimes physically abusive to me I have other brothers but I'm the oldest and the only one who gets the abuse. I can't even ask a question without my dad getting mad and yelling and sometimes if he gets mad to fast he...

I wants emancipated from my home [ 7 Answers ]

I am 15 will be 16 dec. 18 my mom died when I was 10 and dad is dying of cancer. I get a check each month and see non of it. I want to start my life now before he leaves me in a hole some one please help me... I live in Indiana so if you know anything please help

21 years-old... am I emancipated? [ 2 Answers ]

I am almost 20 years-old, and I live in Indiana. I was accepted to my college of choice with a scholarship, but they expect a certain "family contribution," which my parents do not have. Will I be automatically emancipated from my parents when I turn 21? I would be able to receive the money I need...

View more questions Search