Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    opepat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Parental Rights
    My son was just told that he could not give up parental rights. He made it -- He pays for it was the Judges words. Can he fight this with a lawyer?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Sure he can fight what the Judge ruled. But can he win? Why did the Judge disallow his petition to terminate his parental rights? Was he thinking he would get out of paying child support? That is not going to happen, if that is what your son thought.

So some background information on what your son petitioned and why would be nice.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2007, 12:26 PM
    If you took the time to read the hundreds of other threads on this issue that are on this site you wouldn't have had to ask that question.

The judge's attitude in this case is typical and fits the law in most areas. No jurisdicition I know of would allow the bio parent to get out of paying child support just by relinqushing their parental rights. Most areaa only allow it when there is someone waiting to adopt.

So, instead of teaching your son to duck out on his responsibilities, maybe you should be teaching him to accept them. I've said before that NO ONE (male or female) should be engaging in sexual intercourse if they are not prepared, emotionally and financially to bring a child into the world. Personally, I think the judge put it very well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: How do I give up my parental rights in ca... And dose that mean that child support stops

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

What responsibilities do you lose when relinqishing parental rights?

Parental Rights [ 1 Answers ]

Can a Parent sign off parental rights without the consent of the other parent?

How can I get parental rights taken away? [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Lacy and I have a 6 year old daughter. Her biological father has been in and out of her life since she was born. All of a sudden, since he has moved his girlfriend here, he wants to take me to court to file for visitation rights to her. The first year of her life he saw her maybe 3...

View more questions Search