Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wileychick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Father's name on birth certificate
    I am a pregnant unwed mother. I want to use the father's last name, hyphenated with my own on the birth certificate, but for various reasons, I do not want to state the father's name on the birth certificate. I live in California, is this allowable?
    LettuceBFrank Posts: 33, Reputation: 15

Aug 7, 2007, 09:45 PM
    I do not know the legal answer to your question but, for the sake of your child I would consider the consequences of not having the father listed on the birth certificate...

Perhaps my answer is in response to your unlisted "various reasons"...

I firmly believe that our children should not be responsible for pickin'up the rotten fruit from the trees that we plant but choose not to tend...

Legal or not, put your child first... If he is not prominent enough to put on the birth certificate (a piece of paper), why attach his name to your child (the priceless gift)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father's name to birth certificate [ 10 Answers ]

What's the process for adding a name to a birth certificate years after the child is born?

Father's name not on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

If a Father's name is not on a birth certificate what rights does he have?

Father's name on birth certificate [ 7 Answers ]

If the parents are unmarried, does the father need to be present for the mother to put his name on the birth certificate?:confused: :confused:

Removing father's name from birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

When my daughter was born the guy I was seeing at the time and the man that I thought was her father signed the birth certificate, shortly thereafter we have found out he is in fact not her father and I am wanting his name removed from the birth certificate and her last name changed. How do I go...

Getting father's name on the birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a daughter that was born in Japan on a military base (we are both US citizens). Her father lives in the states. He was not present at birth and the legal office here said he could not be on her official birth certificate since he wasn't here and we're not married. We have been trying to...

View more questions Search