Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Mothers contempt of child support order
    My ex wife did not show up at the drop off spot last weekend and it was my weekend to have my son. It is court order that I get him the 1st, 3rd and 4th weekend of every month. What do I do? Can I file something against her for contempt at the court house? How can I make her pay?:mad:
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 07:26 AM
    File a notice with the court that order the visitation, she is in comtempt of a court order.

Must court called it a "show cause order", simply state the facts regard the visitation order in your notice, a hearing will be set.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Have you tried calling your ex to see if there was some type of problem? I know you are upset and mad but if you make things ugly it will only end up hurting your child more. If you can't get a hold of her then I advise to see a lawyer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2007, 07:46 AM
    I am very disturbed by the apparent tone of your question, especially this part: "How can I make her pay?". This is NOT about making your ex pay, its about the welfare of your child.

Did you make any attempt to find out why she didn't she didn't show?

But, if she didn't show to defy the court order, then you need to go back to the court and file a motion to find her in contempt and enforce the visitation order.
    tnt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb252000
    Have you tried calling your ex to see if there was some type of problem? I know you are upset and mad but if you make things ugly it will only end up hurting your child more. If you can't get a hold of her then I advise to see a lawyer.
    Ya I called her to find out what happened of if she was running late. She won't answer her phone. Our divorce was running smoothly until I got a new girlfriend, now my ex is going out of her way to hurt me. She is the one that had another child with another man. I just want to see my son and especially on the days the judge has ordered.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 07:58 AM
    I guess if there is too much of a problem take her back to court and try to obtain sole custody. Your ex sounds like she is being very selfish and should be ashamed of herself for putting your child in the middle. I wish you the best of luck.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2007, 09:17 AM
    You answered your own question. Bring her up on contempt charges.
    fashongrl2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 09:42 AM
    My Ex Husband and I got divorced last year , but there was never a parenting plan established. I am custodial parent though. My ex has been recently causing more problems, and being manipulative with his kids telling them that they are going to get to talk with someone and choose whom they live with. He won't answer his phone or call me back to discuss anything with me. I know that two months ago he told me that he is taking the children out of state on vacation to see HIS parents in August. I am very nervous that he won't come back because of the strange way he has been acting. Do I have any right to tell him no they can't leave the state... at least until there is a parenting plan?
    Nicole98 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Sep 7, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt
    My ex wife did not show up at the drop off spot last weekend and it was my weekend to have my son. It is court order that I get him the 1st, 3rd and 4th weekend of every month. What do I do? Can I file something against her for contempt at the court house? How can I make her pay?:mad:
    File a emergency emotion against her. She is suppose to turn the child over to if you have a court order she will not be happy once you appear back in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Contempt order about child support [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to get as much advise as possible because I don't know what to do. I had a contemp order against my ex-husband, because he wasn't paying his court ordered child support. The ruling on this was that we would drop the contempt order if he would pay every month, on time and in the full...

Mothers Day gift for a caring single mom and a teenage only child. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what 2 get my Mom for Mothers Day:confused: . Im 14 years old(15 in June so I am a MAJOR problem child. And act out for no reason), I don't have a job or any way to get money. My mom Cleans houses so she doesn't get paid much. I can't ask my dad for anything because he lives in MA, and...

Mothers hating one child [ 6 Answers ]

I am one of 6 children. The 1st 3 were boys, then me, then another boy, then a sister. My dad was career Navy. My mother treated us all about the same, except the 2nd one. She hated him. She wrote my dad letters before my brother was born that she hated him. What would cause her to do this?

Changing Child Support Order [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for anyone who knows how to go about getting an Order of Support changed / modified. I am in the state of Arizona and have been divorced for 7 years. I have sole custody and he has NEVER reported any increase in pay. I would like to know how to find out what he is making (because he...

View more questions Search