Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy2be1919 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 08:11 PM
    How long does it take for a court order for a dna test to be done take effect?
    Yes my name is samantha and I'm almost 9 months pregnant and this guy that I slept with wants to get a dna test done to see if my child is his which I know its not. I told him that he has to get a court order to get it done and he says he will and I was just wondering how long does it take for a court order actually to come in to effect
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 08:56 AM

Not long at all. Once the baby is born he will file and get a court date (that is usually the longest part because it depends on how back logged the court is). Then as soon as the judge orders it you have to submit to it. The judge will tell you how long you have to get the test done but they like it done quickly so they can get the results back and move on with the case or move on to another one if it comes back negative. If you do not submit to the paternaty test with in the time the judge gives you then you will be held in contempt and placed in jail until you are willing to submit to it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 08:58 AM

Yes he goes to court, judge signs the order, you are served, and most likely before the baby leaves the hospital the blood test is done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court Order [ 3 Answers ]

A debt collecting lawyer got a judgement at an address Where I have NEVER lived but where someone with the exact Same name lives. They then sent it to my bank and have put A lien on my bank account. I have called them to no Avail. They say it is too late - they have the judgement Against...

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Court order [ 1 Answers ]

A few years ago I purchased a kichen - I was unable to pay for it so it went to court - the company failed to reply to a court document within the allocated time so the court threw it out However now I have had a letter from the court to say that the company want the court order reinstated - can...

Court Order DNA test for paternity of adult child [ 3 Answers ]

I am an adult child. Born in wedlock but my father was not my mother's husband. My biological father lives in another part of town and will not take a DNA test. Can I proceed in court to get a court order to make him do so? Which court? Family or Civil (Equity case?) Is there any PA law on...

View more questions Search