Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khennessy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 09:15 PM
    My pain management doctor denied me opiods
    On my first visit to my pain management doctor I tested positive for marijuana. It is not something I do all the time and now he is dening me badly needed pain meds. How long does this last? Forever or if I continue to test negative will he then be allowed to prescibe for me? I am so confused and it was a one time stupid mistake. Am I to suffer forever? Help!

Thans-
    Kelly :eek:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 09:20 PM

I am not sure if you can go back to him once it is out of your system but it is worth asking him. But you need to stay drug free or they will not give you pain medication
    My one friend that has sever pain from many accidents tried going to a pain management dr. His first visit they made him sign a paper that he would not do any street drugs or alcohol and the pain dr was to monitor and approve all prescribed meds.
    He failed to do so and can not get treated there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 09:21 PM

It is up to that doctors opinion, so you will have to ask them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers comp doctor don't relive my pain [ 1 Answers ]

Herniated 2 cervical vertebra at work they give me things that don't stop pain. It was so bad I went myself to pain management dr he tried to get approval to give me injection. Insurance co shot him down said I have neurologist. Called him for my pain said no I have to wait for neurosurgeon apt in...

Serious Pain.Not sure what kind of doctor to see. [ 4 Answers ]

I have this pain in my back... just to the right of my left shoulder blade. I thought I had pulled a muscle, but it doesn't really hurt because I move my arm or anything. So then I thought that maybe it was from stress, like I needed a massage or something. My son and my husband tried to massage...

Back pain doctor or chiropractor? [ 6 Answers ]

I was bending over for about two or three minutes, I tried to get up but couldn't do it normally. It hurt like you know what! I can lay in bed and lift my knees to my chest, I CANNOT lift my leg up when it is straight. I bend over and it hurts tremendously and if I get up from a sitting...

View more questions Search