Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelC Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Does my dad have the right to kick me out of the house?
    I am sixteen years old. I misbehaved a lot, and I got kicked out of the house. My dad sent me to go live with my mom. I think they both have custody? I'm not sure. My dad has the legal custody thing but its made so that my mom can also visit me and stuff. But my dads the rightful "owner" of me? I don't know. Anyway, I want to come home. I want to graduate in the state I was born, and now I am a million miles away. This is so unfair. Does he have the right to kick me out like this and not let me come home? WHAT CAN I DO! I miss my friends, I miss my dog, I miss my home.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 20, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Hello.

Im sure your Dad would Love to have you home with him, that is if you would behave like you know you should. Making you live with your Mom was I'm sure very hard for him to do.

The big question is why should he let you back home around your friends that helped you misbehave. When you can answer that like an adult then you can talk to him about coming home. As much as he wants you home he wants you safe even more so you have to look at from his eyes also.

It's up to you now so if you want a chance at coming home you have to prove to him that he can trust you.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jun 21, 2007, 12:39 PM
    I think you should wait a little in your new house so you can adapt to thechange for future reference, but also mabey there you can learn to have more manners. You should also still keep in touch with your dad to let him know you still love him and after a month or mabey even before you can ask him nicely if you can move back with him and be very calm about the situation. Make him know you care and that you changed.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jun 27, 2007, 07:38 PM
    It's not like he kicked you out on the streets, he kicked you to your mom's house. And yes he can do that. I don't know how misbehaved you were but you might be lucky he kicked you to your mother and not a girls home. If you want to continue misbehaving at your mothers house, you might very well end up in a girls home or worse yet on the streets. I would suggest you think about the things you did that made your dad send you to your mother and work on changing that behaver. If you can prove to your dad that you have changed he may let you come back home. It may take many months for you to earn his trust, but it's something you will do if you really want to go home. Beware though, if he sent you away once he can send you away again. The more you've played this card the less likely he will let you come back, so it better be the real thing and not just a game to get back home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can My Husband Kick Me Out of Our House? [ 16 Answers ]

I am 42, live in Maryland, have been married for 15 years and am seeking a divorce. My name is not on any property (house, car, etc) except for a joint checking account (which he is taking money out of as soon as it goes in). My husband is threatening to "kick me out" if I file for divorce. I...

How do kick my wife out of the house? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife wants to leave the marriage but she will not leave the house. I am not the one who wanted the separation, she is. However, for spite, she will not leave the house. How can I get her out? She has been physically and verbally abusive over the past 3 yrs. She suffers from MS and while...

A/C Won't Kick On! [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I went to the thermostat to turn on the air. Flipped it on, and about 5 seconds after that the battery in the thermostat died and my A/C unit shut off. No problem, I replaced the 9-volt in the thermostat and everything works now except the A/C unit. If I set it to cool nothing will go...

If dad dies, does stepmom get 100% of the house in CA? [ 4 Answers ]

My dad has 4 daughters. 2 are from a prior relationship (me and my sister) and two are from his current wife, my stepmom. My dad is 16 years older than my stepmom and I feel that he might die before her. If he passes away, does my stepmom get the house? What about me and my sister (her...

Kick Boyfriend Out of House [ 4 Answers ]

I have been living with a guy for almost 4 years. I am breaking it off with him and told him to leave but he won't. What rights do I have? The house I live in is an inheritance from my parents and in my name only. My boyfriend has worked maybe 6 months out of the whole 4 years we have been...

View more questions Search