Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcarrgod1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 01:27 PM
    changing custody
    I Need To Know How To Get Custody Of My 2 Girls. My X Was Given Physical Custody, And Me Joint Custody. They Were With Me For The First One And A Half Years After She Left For Another Man. They Do Not Want To Live With Her, And Problems Arrised. They Have Been Kicked Out Of The Home Three Times, Then Reported As Run-aways. Since Their Mom's Boyfriend Moved Out, We Don't Know Where The Mom Is Living, And She Has Made No Effort To Contact Them. They Have Been With Me For The Last Two Weeks, And I Continue To Pay Her Child Support. Paying Support, And Providing For The Kids, I Can Not Afford A Lawyer. Is There Any Help For Me? Also, My 17 Year Old Son Has Never Been Allowed To Live With His Mom. And I Pay For Him Too.
    dcarrgod1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcarrgod1
    I Need To Know How To Get Custody Of My 2 Girls. My X Was Given Physical Custody, And Me Joint Custody. They Were With Me For The First One And A Half Years After She Left For Another Man. They Do Not Want To Live With Her, And Problems Arrised. They Have Been Kicked Out Of The Home Three Times, Then Reported As Run-aways. Since Their Mom's Boyfriend Moved Out, We Don't Know Where The Mom Is Living, And She Has Made No Effort To Contact Them. They Have Been With Me For The Last Two Weeks, And I Continue To Pay Her Child Support. Paying Support, And Providing For The Kids, I Can Not Afford A Lawyer. Is There Any Help For Me? Also, My 17 Year Old Son Has Never Been Allowed To Live With His Mom. And I Pay For Him Too.
    I NEED HELP
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 01:38 PM
    The only sure way is to go to court. What state are you in, maybe you could Google on getting a lawyer to take payments from you while the process is started? I am not sure of that, but I just know you have to do this right or it could really back fire on you! Keep making those payments no matter what so it shows you are not trying to NOT help with the kids. I really just think you need a lawyer to help you out here! Good luck and I am sorry for what you are going through. I hope others that are more experience will come and give you more info, I just noticed you needed a response. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint custody and changing schools [ 9 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for 7 years. My children have been attending a parochial school for those seven years. I wish for them to continue there. My ex is taking me to court stating I signed them up without his permission, as he wants to send them to a public school. Has anyone...

Changing Custody over to the other parent [ 1 Answers ]

My 12 year old son lives with my ex-husband and Now wants to come and live with me do I have to get a lawyer to do thid?

Weeks changing in custody? [ 1 Answers ]

I am suppose to have my son every other weekend and on Weds. This started Feb 23rd. If you look at the calendar you will see that on March 29th was not my weekend to have him. They try to stay away from the school because of his attendance, sending him to school with just candy for lunch etc. I...

Soc. Security benefits for child when changing custody [ 1 Answers ]

My son's mother (ex-wife) has moved to another city, asking me to assume physical custody of our 15 yr. old. I did this after, having my attorney drew up the appropriate paperwork, ending my child supp. Obligation etc.. We now have joint custody, but it specifies me, as having the Physical...

Changing custody [ 1 Answers ]

I want to go back to court to gain full custody of my 6 and 4 year olds. My ex and I went to court 2 years ago and he was given physical custody based on the fact that he had them for seven months and that I live 2 hours away. My ex has had multiple roommates the whole 2 years and has had his...

View more questions Search