Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pepa300 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 02:40 PM
    My son's absent father
    I need to find my younger sons father. His name is John Thomas Middleton. I need help getting information on him.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2012, 02:48 PM
    State, approximate age? I find several in different States ranging in age from 22 to 59. I find four with exact birth dates.

Mar 3, 2012, 02:59 PM
    He's approximate age 40-45, last I heard he was in Lacrose,va that's near southhill va. It would be nice to find his address,phone number,and any other important info.

Are you able to find him?
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Is his birthdate 7/19/65? If so, he's no longer in Virginia.

Same guy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Also what you are looking for him for ? To collect child support, to file some other legal action?
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2012, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Also what you are looking for him for ? To collect child support, to file some other legal action?

Well, if I can find him the Courts can find him so this is a legitimate question - a very legitimate question.

How do I get an AMHD policy statement/opinion on these matters?

Mar 3, 2012, 03:52 PM
    Yes that's the same guy dob 7/19/65. And I'm looking to collect child support.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 3, 2012, 04:24 PM
    Yes, you should have specified WHY right up front. The reason you are looking may affect how we answer.

So the first question is whether you ever filed for child support in court? Is there a current court order for support? The second question is if there is a court order, have you worked with your state's support collection agency?

This site is not a missing person's bureau. We can point you to tools YOU can use to help find people, but not find them for you. And if Judy can find him so quickly, then the state should be able to.

Mar 3, 2012, 04:30 PM
    I understand this is not for missing person. My sons father has been taken to court for child support but the case was closed in 2010 because john was receiving SSI income and child support stated they couldn't further assist because john was receiving SSI. So the only way I can get any thing for my son is to take john back to court myself. I don't know his location or phone number, social security number. I need that information to proceed with court action to get child support for my son.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 3, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Did a court issue a support order? The case may have been closed by the collection agency, but that doesn't change the court order. However, if his only income was SSI, that is not likely to have changed. So refiling is not likely to get you anything. If you can find that he is nor working, then you can refile for a modification based on changed circumstances.

Mar 3, 2012, 04:57 PM
    Yes the court issued a court support order and at first he was paying then by 2010 he had stated to the court and division of child support that he was receiving SSI and that's when it was ruled that the case was closed and the only way any thing can be done if I bring him back into court myself. But I need his address and his social security number so the courts can supoena him to court. So are u able to help me find this information.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Just as a matter of law he cannot be forced to pay child support if SSI is his only income. If you bring him back into Court, if the Court brings him back into Court, that will not change the law.

You do NOT need his SS number to file against him.

I found him very quickly. I am assuming that if you attempt to file and tell the Court you do not have a current address the Court will find him for you.

However, if he's on SSI and that's his only income you cannot collect child support from him.

Mar 3, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Well I didn't make this child by myself so if he is getting SSI as income he still should be able to pay something to help with his son. Well are u able to provide the address that u have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Absent father [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mom of 2 kids, my daughters dad only comes to see her when I call and ask him if he wants to have her , my sons dad refuses to see his son and hasn't seen him in 15 months , every time I try to call or contact him about him seeing his son he refuses... Is their anything I can do to...

Absent father [ 7 Answers ]

My sons father hasn't seen my our son in 3 years. He hasn't tried to contact him in those 3 years either. His father is in to bad things and is in hiding I know what city he lives in just don't know where he lives. I haven't gotten child support from him in those 3 years either. He never holds a...

Absent father [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter father has not seen her for seven year but ORS is taking money from him for child support. Does he still have right to her?

Absent Father [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son whose father has been absent his entire life. Meaning no child support. He does call occasionally but he doesn't give me one dime for my son. He says he loves my son and what not. Is there a way I could terminate his parental rights?

View more questions Search