Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Photo Dog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 03:36 AM
    How to paint vinyl siding
    I can not find a certain color for vinyl siding and have explored the alternatives to vinyl. Is there a paint and or process to paint vinyl for a long lasting finish?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 03:46 AM
    I painted the vinyl siding on my add-on to match my house and so far so good. I used a primer and paint from Sherwin Williams that was designed for longevity on vinyl siding. I don't remember what it was called, but you might give them a call to ask about it.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 4, 2007, 04:57 AM
    I recently had my house sided in vinyl. But then wanted to paint the garage door and my shed to match. I gathered those paint color cards with wha I thought would be close and nothing was perfect. So I took a piece of scrap from the job to the hardware store (the same store who did the job) and asked them for the paint to match. The nice lady clerk took the piece, no larger than the size of a quarter, and used their color-matching computer. The result was a perfect match. BEHR Premium Exterior Flat at Home Depot. No charge for the matching. Very nice.
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

May 4, 2007, 08:54 AM
    I use a primer (tinted close to the topcoat color) that claims to adhere to everything and it seems to be true... Zinsser "Bull's Eye" 123 water base. I've used just about every priming product made and have found this stuff to be the best.

Good luck.
    Sepulveda777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 11:34 PM
    Yes there is. Make sure you prime it first, And then paint it . And make sure you get a good brand of paint like Sherling Williams or Bears from Home Depot,
    Don't use cheap brands its worth the money!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vinyl siding vs hardiplank [ 7 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of vinyl siding vs hardiplank? Thank you,

How do I choose the right vinyl siding? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to hire a contractor to put vinyl siding on my farm house, replacing the aluminum siding damaged by hail. I've heard quality of vinyl runs across the board. I don't want the cheap stuff they put on slab vinyl box homes. Some questions I have are: What should I look for in choosing...

Paint and rust off vinyl siding [ 1 Answers ]

My sister was painting out foundation the same color as our shutters but got some on our vinyl siding so I was wondering if there is anything that would take it off... also there is a rust stain on the vinyl siding is there any way of getting that off to...

Sticky numbers off vinyl siding [ 1 Answers ]

I been trying to get the sticky house numbers that came with my house off my vinyl siding and I cant. Does anyone know how to get them off... please help

Hardiplank vs vinyl siding which is best [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of residing our home after having a car back into it:( . The contractor highly praises hardiplank but the window salesman claims that his vinyl siding is superior. How do you choose? We are open to any and all suggestions.

View more questions Search