Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpenek Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Ask me help desk
    My question is on state taxes on a California state teacher's retirment pension. I retired from and get my pension from the state of California. I now am a Hawaii resident where the state of Hawaii does not tax retirment pensions. Do I need to continue to report my CA pension income (and be taxed on it) to the state of CA? -or can I just declare it as income on my Hawaii return as well as on my federal return? It will make a difference of about $1500 in reduced taxes if I can only report it in Hawaii. Thanks, Lynne Penek-Holden
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2011, 06:06 PM

I have a similar situation in two different states and do not have any obligation to file in the state where my retirement comes from--only in the other state where I reside. But I don't know specifics for your states.
    The real experts will come on here soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desk want boot up all the way can I send a boot disk from my laptop to the desk hard [ 1 Answers ]

Desktop want boot up give me a disk boot failue I do not have disk to insert how do I get it to bootup

Help me ask desk [ 3 Answers ]

If more restrictions were put on the sale of over the counter vitamins, how would some of us looking for preventative medicine be able to continue. Going to doctor for priscrption would cost co-payment on top of the cost of the vitamin. How can we as mass avoid the above to happen

Help desk [ 5 Answers ]

I need to now where I can find any kind of information on help desk such as where can I joun magazines and learn more about the help desk industry and how companies run their help desks??

Desk [ 2 Answers ]

I had an old desk given to me that needed the veneer repaired and was too damaged to refinish without a lot of time. I chose to patch and sand the missing veneered areas and paint it white. Although the entire surface has been sanded the stain is showing through the paint and looks pink! What can I...

View more questions Search