Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Specified I/O operation not completed
    I see the help here but want to understand what caused it. Currently I'm virus scanning an external hard drive (that is the HD out of my laptop). What I/O operation is it speaking of? The virus scan is still going on no problem - except that it's taking forever.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 05:52 AM
    PS - the hard drive in question is F. I have no clue what DR2 is. Is this error referring, do you think, to the external I have plugged in? Or is it referring to the HD in my computer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2007, 07:18 AM
    More likely an external and the USB crapped out for a bit.
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 07:21 AM
    With each passing hour I'm feeling closer to having to spend some big bucks to retrieve the data from this drive. :( Here's my original problem. It's looking more and more like a hardware problem than a virus or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with fan operation [ 5 Answers ]

We have a gas furnace with AC. A few years ago our thermostat was "acting up". I don't remember exactly what the problem was, but we wanted a programmable thermostat so I bought one and installed it. I'm sure I installed it correctly - it's pretty simple as long as you put the right wires on the...

A Tat Not Completed... Do I have To Pay? [ 5 Answers ]

Back in September of last year I had my first tattoo done. I got a bit over ambitious and decided to have it all done at once. It's a very intricate tat of a dragon fly inside a venus fly trap on my upper shoulder. The reason I chose the picture is because of the expression on the insects face....

Operation error? [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to access a local (national chain) hardware site there is a message that says that the operation was aborted. How do I correct this error message? It only appears when I try to go to this one website. Thanks

Intermittent blower operation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Janitrol model A30-08 furnace. On the AC side, when the thermostat calls for cooling, sometimes the blower kicks on, sometimes not. The evaporator coils always cool down (to the point of icing if I don't intervene), so that part is working fine. When the blower doesn't come on,...

Illegal Operation--Help? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi-- When I log off on Window's 98SE--after a few minutes, when I try to get back on--it say's I have performed an illegal operation--it say's the reason is--"MPREXE"--can anyone please tell me what this means? And what I can do to correct it--Thank you--

View more questions Search