Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisap925 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Removing Color to Go Gray
    I appreciate that this forum is available. I have looked in many places but can't seem to get where I need to be. Here is my dilemma. My natural hair color is dark brown and white and gray... I really don't know too much for sure because I have been using permanent hair color for 20 or so years, dark brown or medium golden brown usually.
    I'm in my mid 40s and have been considering for a few years now that I am wanting to just stop this now. I don't have a problem with the "salt and pepper" so much as with the growing it out and having roots that are drastically different from the colored.
    I've read here that there is a product Loreal Color Zap, that removes color and readies the hair for recoloring. I'd like to know if it is possible to make hair ready for as little processing as possible, without my having to just cut it all off and start from there. Help, please. Thank you.
    Lisa
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 22, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Hair color removal products will strip artificial, but it can also alter your natural color and make your hair look orange or beige. You should try to be patient and let your hair grow out naturally. But, if you can't wait for your hair to grow out, visit a salon. A hairstylist can lighten your and then apply a white and brown toner to achieve the gray look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gray Hair [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal for a 19 yr is getting gray hairs?

Removing Dark Hair Color [ 33 Answers ]

I have colored my hair at home for the last year. It has gotten almost black and I want a more medium brown. My 3 inch roots are the way I want my color but I'm getting anxious about the rest of it. I have read about all kinds of home remedies... prell, dawn dish det. etc. they just don't seem to...

Prell method of removing semi-permanent color [ 8 Answers ]

Three days a go I dyed my medium, dark brown hair with a black semi-permanent dye (lasts 28 shampoos) and it turned way too black. I tried washing it out with a clarifying shampoo and the Prell method of removal (put it on my dry hair, threw cap over it and blow dried it on hot every now and then,...

Removing dark hair color [ 5 Answers ]

hello everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me cos my hairs driving me mad! I used to have bleach blond hair until last year when I died it mid brown at the hairdressers, since then I've bin getting it done regularly n now its really dark brown that also has a red color in...

Gray hair too much [ 1 Answers ]

I am 57 years old. I have been completely gray for about five years. My hair was originally very dark brown (almost black) and long. I started getting gray in my 20's, so I spent years coloring my hair. I finally decided to let the gray grow out. Now, that it's completely gray, it seems to be...

View more questions Search