Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJN312 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 04:48 PM
    Glass Block on Concreat
    I have just about finished my Basement and I would like to make my bar out of glass block? How would I ancher the blocks to the concreat floor? Should this be done before or after the laminute wood floor is put down? The blocks that I would use are 12X12.

pelle Posts: 96, Reputation: 0

Dec 29, 2006, 02:45 PM
    I put a glass block bar in my basement also. The blocks I used where about 4-5 inches wide so I tapconed 2x6's for an outline and built a backer with 3/8 plywood. Pretty much framed out the bar. I then siliconed the blocks to it and together (I didn't want the look of mortar joints).

For the top I made a tray (plywood and 1by) and placed the blocks in side and trimmed it out accordingly.
    DJN312 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 06:15 AM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to remove a glass block wall [ 5 Answers ]

we bought a condo that has a glass block wall, floor to ceiling, measuring 8.67' x 8.67'. Each block is an 8 " square, 3 " deep. There are a total of 169 blocks. What is the safest, cleanest method of removing it? See attached photo. Thanks Ron

Building new shower with glass block [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to build a new 36' x 48" shower with glassblock on 1 1/2 sides, no shower door and tile on the other 2 walls. My question is: Is it best to buy a premade shower pan that is strong enough to hold the weight of the glass block on the caps or build my own? If prefab, any recommendations;...

Drilling Glass Block.. . [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings! I want to drill into glass block. I have a good handheld battery drill and a new glass drill bit, any suggestions?

Dryer vent through glass block window [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm obviously new here and hope to find help. I have a client who wants me to run a dryer vent through a glass block window. Can I cut a 4-1/16" hole in it without shattering or cracking? Or how can I remove 1 block of glass? Thanks

Glass Block Shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to install a glass block shower in my bathroom. I am going to (hopefully) attach the Door directly to the glass block. My understanding is that I put anchors in the morter joints to hold the door. My question is about finishing. How would I finish the block around the door? It...

View more questions Search