Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpenek Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Brake rotor removal 82 datsun 4WD
    Hi- we have an 82 datsun p/u 4WD that needs resurfacing of front brake rotor. Have removed caliper but can't get "plate" off that allows removal of rotor- is there a trick, or hidden bolt? Hope someone has some solution. Thanks, Lynne
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 12:36 PM

The normal procedure is to remove brake caliper (12 mm), pads, caliper mounting bracket (15 mm), and disc. Support caliper with a piece of wire. You may need to spray the caliper mounting bracket bolts with Kroil or PB Blaster and use a breaker bar or air impact wrench. There may be a small, round spring retainer that needs to be pryed off a mounting stud with a small screwdriver, in order to remove the disc from the hub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Camry Brake light removal [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Having trouble removing the brake light bulb from the socket on a 2005. I've gotten to the socket with a 1/4 turn but the bulb looks like it's locked in with 4 small plastic pins, (2 on each side with a wedge hook). Do I need a special tool? Any help most...

Distributor rotor removal 93 honda crx civic [ 1 Answers ]

Have removed the screw on the rotor.. does it just pull off now.. it won't seen to move.. do I just try harder or is there something I'm not doing?

Emergency Brake light stays on after brake is realeased [ 3 Answers ]

What would cause the emergancy brake light to stay on after the emergancy brake has been released on my 2002 Ford Explorer?

1992 honda accord rotor removal [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have my distributor off an trying to remove my rotor. The how to's I have read mention cranking the car to expose a philips screw on the shaft of the rotor. I do not see a philips head screw anyplace on my rotor. Either the shaft or top of it. Any help appreicated. -steve

Brake rotor [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the brake rotor on a 1992 honda accord

View more questions Search