Wearing the correct jewlry?

Asked Oct 17, 2009, 12:46 PM 4 Answers
    What is the etiquette for wearing certain jewlry? If I wear a pearl necklace, does the rest of my jewlry have to match?

Last edited by Curlyben; Oct 17, 2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Turn OFF your CAPS Lock !!!
    Catsmine's Avatar
    Catsmine Posts: 3,414, Reputation: 675
    Pest Control Expert

#2

Oct 17, 2009, 02:10 PM
    All pearls is not required. If the pearls are set or strung with metal, say silver, the rest of one's jewelry should have the same metal.

Pearls should be the only stones if you wear jewels. Rubies, emeralds, and sapphires can match each other or diamonds but pearls stand alone.
    jennycarol's Avatar
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

#3

Oct 23, 2009, 03:35 AM
    Wearing sapphire gemstone necklace with pearl earrings would look contrasting and funny. But similarity in the color of the stones and metals may be admired.
    EliseLynn's Avatar
    EliseLynn Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

#4

Nov 6, 2009, 09:50 AM

Yes, the tip with pearls is the subtle beauty. You don't wan to overshadow with something colorful. Match your metals and you should do fine.

My grandmother always taught me never to wear more than 2 matching pieces but only on on your arms.

Pearl ring + Necklace = stunning
    Pearl necklace + earings = beautiful
    Pearl ring + bracelet = a little tacky
    Pearl ring + bracelet + necklace + earrings = don't leave the house

ha-ha you get the point.
    EliseLynn's Avatar
    EliseLynn Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

#5

Nov 6, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EliseLynn View Post

Pearl ring + Necklace = stunning
    Pearl necklace + earings = beautiful
    Pearl ring + bracelet = a little tacky

ha-ha you get the point.
    I'm sorry ONE on your arms and wan is WANT my goodness I need more coffee

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Wearing specs is necessary [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 23 years aged guy. I had short sight problem from my college days (for 2 years).. but at that time I didn't care and I thought that won't be a problem. One month before I went for eye check-up.. and the doctor told that I have a short sight problem.. my power is -0.75. And he also...

Wearing out your welcome [ 19 Answers ]

After 10 years of marriage my 51 year old wife is off the pill and wants me to wear a rubber. I tried but don't like it. She told me to get fixed but I said no. Her doctor says that she must get off the pill for health reasons since a woman shouldn't be on the pill after that many years. I'm...

Wearing White [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is engaged to be married. She called me this morning in tears because her fiance's sister has purchased an ivory, lace covered dress to wear to the wedding. My sister's wedding gown is ivory and covered in lace. The sister of the groom was aware of this before purchasing her dress. ...