Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maisonsmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 11:58 AM
    Wearing White
    My sister is engaged to be married. She called me this morning in tears because her fiance's sister has purchased an ivory, lace covered dress to wear to the wedding. My sister's wedding gown is ivory and covered in lace. The sister of the groom was aware of this before purchasing her dress.

Should someone say something to the groom's sister? I personally think it is inappropriate as she will be in family portraits, etc with my sister in dresses that look very similar.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 12:31 PM
    What the fiance's sister did is outrageous and totally inappropriate. YES, something should be said to this woman and have it explained to her just how much of a faux paus this is.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Yes, the groom needs to go to his sister and tell her, in no uncertain terms, to return the dress. It is definitely inappropriate for anyone to wear a dress similar to the bride's.
    KATYTOON Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 04:56 PM
    No one should ever attempt to upstage the bride. I sense a bit of yness here...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 white wires? [ 7 Answers ]

I was trying to install a "recycled" ceiling fan/light fixture and when I took the old fixture off I saw 3 white wires bundled together. The white wire from the old fixture was attached to that bunch and the black was on black. When I test the wires, 2 of the white wires run the electricity on...

Mother wearing same color as bridesmaids [ 1 Answers ]

I told my son I was wearing a red dress to his wedding and he told me that his fiancee's bridesmaids are wearing red. Does this mean I can't wear the same color? Help!

DK Active White? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I saw this DK Active White sold in many forums and in eBay Ph as well, they're all quite cheap so I'm not sure it's genuine ( but this eBay seller is consider quite reputableas he/she is a power seller... anyway... ) I saw it on Yumei Mise but they are entitled as Original Active White...

White foam [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why when I put my pump on I get a white foam from the return??

Can wearing a barette damage my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have thick, wavy, sometimes oily hair and I'm having a hard time taking care of it. A lot of times when I let it dry naturally it frizzes out and looks awful even if I put product in it, but when I try to blow-dry it, I feel like I'm damaging it even more with heat styling. I've noticed a lot...

View more questions Search