Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squeezplay Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Should I send my ex a birthday card?
    We broke up in August. She's got a new boyfriend. I wanted to know if its OK to just send her a plain birthday card. I feel it wouldn't be nice to not send it to her. Its been about a month and change with no contact. Im not trying to get her back its just a simple card and if she calls me I prob won't even answer.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 01:27 PM

I wouldn't. I understand you are doing it to be nice, but I honestly think that it just creates more random thoughts in your head. If she gets in contact to "thank you" then that can open up a whole other can of worms. She has plenty of people around her to wish her a happy birthday. You don't need to go out of your way to do it. No longer your job.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 01:36 PM

No do not send it
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Nov 17, 2008, 04:11 PM

I agree. It's as simple as that- don't send it.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 04:33 PM

No!!

Would she send you one??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 04:38 PM

Im not trying to get her back its just a simple card and if she calls me I prob won't even answer.
    So you want to open the lines of communication by sending a card, then if she calls to thank you you'll ignore it?

Stick to no contact, she's got a new boyfriend that will buy her a card for her birthday.

Good luck.
    squeezplay Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    No!!!

Would she send you one???
    Honestly yea. Well I think she would. Actually no.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezplay View Post
    honestly yea. well I think she would. actualy no.
    Question solved ;)
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 07:51 PM

Ya its not fair to feck her around like this.. either your opening lines of communication or your not. And something tells me you wouldn't mind if she came running back to you once she got it?? :D
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2008, 07:57 PM

Squeezeplay,

No. The only reason you want to send it is to see if there is something still there. She has already moved on after a month. Just write down everything you want to say to her in a letter, read over it, revise it, and read it again. After the reality of the words have sunk in, rip it up and move on. Trust me, I've done it and felt great afterwards. I even wrote a poem on Helium that expressed my feelings.

Everything will be okay. You will meet someone else.

Good Luck!

LaCresha
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 08:28 PM

Yep.
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Nov 17, 2008, 08:51 PM

We ALL go through this scenario. Do we send/call/text our ex's on their BDays. The answer is just about ALWAYS a resounding, NO!

Let's be real about it for a second. Whether you want to admit it to yourself or not, you really aren't sending a card "just to be nice." I'm sure partially you are, but that isn't your motive deep down inside. Chances are you haven't really talked to her, and if you've been following NC (like you should be), you haven't spoken or seen her at all. You're trying to get her to react to something from you, so she will initiate contact.

There are only 2 possible ways it can play out if you send it: 1) She doesn't respond, deep down you are sad and realize she doesn't care. She might have ripped it up and tossed it in the trash. 2) She calls/texts or what have you. You then are dragging yourself back to the beginning filled with false hope and promise, only to realize it'll be nothing but a big letdown, yet again.

Save yourself the aggravation and emotional turmoil. Just say no to ANY form of contact!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Birthday card [ 24 Answers ]

I had a moment of weakness last week and I sent my ex a b-day card with a mixed cd. I was cleaning out my computer and I saw all of these old songs that I had compiled for him before we broke up. He lost the cd when he was in a car accident. I have not talked with my ex in 3.5 months, but I...

Should I send my ex a birthday card? [ 11 Answers ]

So here goes - I dated a man last year that was in the final stages of his 6 year marriage - yes I allowed myself to be the "rebound" girl. We started as friends, I visited his restaurant (my daughter worked for him last summer and he got to know me through her!) He totally pursued me and within...

Birthday Card, Good idea or Bad [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My boyfriend left me about 7 weeks ago for a girl he works with. I have maintained N/C since then but I really love him and would take him back under certain circumstances. I don't want to call and beg him or push him away I want him to come back because he wants to. But his...

View more questions Search