Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcutaia Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Nov 1, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Wearing out your welcome
    After 10 years of marriage my 51 year old wife is off the pill and wants me to wear a rubber. I tried but don't like it. She told me to get fixed but I said no. Her doctor says that she must get off the pill for health reasons since a woman shouldn't be on the pill after that many years. I'm only 41 years old and enjoy immensily. She has told me she won't go back on the pill and I can't inside her because she is scare to get pregnet. I told her the chances of a woman getting preganant at her age was very remote. She told me no and I am getting to a point where I am thinking about ending the marriage. I know it might be difficult in the beginning but maybe there is someone else out there for me.

Any thoughts.

DAC
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Wait... "in sickness and in health" means nothing to you?

She medically can't take the pill anymore, and you won't take any precautions yourself? How selfish of you!

If you don't want kids, and you do want sex--how hard is it to just go in and just yourself snipped?

If you think that any woman on here would support you because you won't work with your wife to keep sex from being something to be feared (and pregnancy at her age is NOT unheard of), you're crazy.

Nov 1, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Very understanding on your part! How can I woman in her 50's get pregnant without furtility pills.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 11:15 AM
    What a selfish selfish man you are!!

The pill has many potential problems for her at that age such as stroke or heart attack.

Getting pregnant is NOT very remote at her age, it is still a possibility.

Getting snipped is no big deal and it is outpatient surgery usually performed right in the doctor's office.

Grow up and take responsibility. She has for years been taking the pill, now it's your turn since she medically cannot take the hormones any longer.

Sheesh, some men. I just don't get it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcutaia
    Very understanding on your part! How can I woman in her 50's get pregnant without furtility pills.
    As long as she is not in menopause she can still get pregnant.

Nov 1, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Is there any women out there on my side? I have tried and talk her into anal sex but she won't go for it. I think she is being a little bit unbending about it.

DAC
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 11:39 AM
    dcutaia, Sounds as though your wife would be so lucky if you were to divorce her. I am sure some other woman would be just dying to hook up with you. After all life is all about your penis. I really hope your wife manages to read this thread.

Nov 1, 2007, 11:49 AM
    I'm getting butchered out there. Do women like anal sex?

DAC
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 11:53 AM
    A vascectomy is done in the doctor's office and real men don't fear it.

My grandmother was 53 years old when she became pregnant with my father.

Try thinking of someone else besides yourself and your relationship with your wife will benefit, too.
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 1, 2007, 11:58 AM
    NOT MENY DO! You really need to stop being so selfish about this. Your wife has needs and feelings. You need to stop being so bull-headed and start thinking of your wife not your own selfish needs! You want to conflict her pain all because you don't want to wear a rubber or get sniped?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 12:02 PM
    OH dear lord.

Are you really serious? I am suspecting a troll here.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Ductai, the issue is not about liking anal sex. It is your attidue about finding another woamna if your wife doesn't put out! You really need to grow up.
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 1, 2007, 12:07 PM
    That's for sure. How dare you act like that to your WIFE? What did she ever do to you to make you treat her like that!
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 1, 2007, 12:16 PM
    You said you don't like using condoms. I wonder if your wife liked buying birth control pills for years, remembering to take them, and putting up with a guy who cares more about sex than her. Marriage is for life, regardless of circumstances. If you are seriously thinking of breaking up the marriage over CONDOM USE for goodness sakes, then you will be breaking those vows you made to her. My fiancée uses condoms and I'm sure he enjoys sex more without them, but he cares about my feelings. I feel that I don't want to be pregnant right now. It's really not a big deal. If you don't want to get sniped, put on a condom and stop whining, otherwise, SHE will probably be the one to leave YOU. Maybe you should talk to a marriage counselor. Sex shouldn't be more important than the person you married. I suppose you could find someone else that would date you if you dump your wife over this. Don't expect a new girlfriend to stay with you when she hears why you dumped your wife.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 01:07 PM
    "D"

Are you delirious are just plane dumb! Your spouse said no, respect her wishes.

I understand your wanting sex, I'm a guy and I'm married. I of course see no reason to ever get turned down by my wife. My wife however, believes otherwise.

I have a snowball's chance in H*** of getting away with telling her, "Hey babe, flip over, I'm horny so serve it up the back way." I can almost guarantee that before the last word was out of my mouth, I would be on the nearest autopsy table waiting for the pathologist.

Currently, my wife experiences pain during intercourse. Should I also humiliate her just because I'm horny?

We decided that we can wait until either the pain stops or a doctor can say why the pain is there in the first place. Guess what, I don't think I'll explode or the world will end if I just wait a little bit.

As to condoms, they are by far easier for your wife to clean up after you than the alternatives. Think of your lady first for awhile.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Does any woman out there want you? None that I know of and I am single but can never be single long enough to want someone who is so insensitive to his wife's own health. Women call men like that pigs. Among a few other names that are unprintable.

Go and get the nip and snip and be done with it.You asked if some women like anal sex - some do, yes, and some do not. Don't tell me you are going to try and talk your wife into that. Geesssshhhh. You are a real gem.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcutaia
    I am getting to a point where I am thinking about ending the marriage. I know it might be difficult in the beginning but maybe there is someone else out there for me.

Any thoughts.

DAC
    Here is a thought for you. In today's world, most single women require their sex partners to wear condoms, so you will just find yourself back at square one my friend.

If you do manage to find a woman who is willing to have sex with you without the use of a condom, then you really need to worry. Can you say STD's? How would you like to contract Genital Herpes and deal with that for the remainder of your life? Or, even better, how would you like to contract AIDS? Think about that for a few hours. Now, doesn't doing a simple snip job in the doc's office (very easy with minimal discomfort) sound a lot less complicated than a divorce which will come with a complete lifestyle change, arguing over money, and property, and (since you won't wear a condom) with the very good chance of contracting a disease you can die a slow and painful death from? No? Well then, good luck to you. You're going to need it.
    feelingnotsoattractive Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Wow!! You mean after 10 years of marriage she means so little to you that you won't wear a condom for her?? You are one sick individual, she deserves so much more and you deserve so much less! She should not have even taken the pill for so many years and now that she has stopped you want to act like your 16 again? Get a life, because you are trying to endanger hers!

Nov 1, 2007, 02:48 PM
    You are right and I am wrong. I'll reconsider my options.

Thanks everyone.

DAC
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Dac,

Your apolgy to her will go much easier for you if you serve up flowers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wearing White [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is engaged to be married. She called me this morning in tears because her fiance's sister has purchased an ivory, lace covered dress to wear to the wedding. My sister's wedding gown is ivory and covered in lace. The sister of the groom was aware of this before purchasing her dress. ...

Mother wearing same color as bridesmaids [ 1 Answers ]

I told my son I was wearing a red dress to his wedding and he told me that his fiancee's bridesmaids are wearing red. Does this mean I can't wear the same color? Help!

Can wearing a barette damage my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have thick, wavy, sometimes oily hair and I'm having a hard time taking care of it. A lot of times when I let it dry naturally it frizzes out and looks awful even if I put product in it, but when I try to blow-dry it, I feel like I'm damaging it even more with heat styling. I've noticed a lot...

View more questions Search