Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigtree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Identifying a contemporary nautical painting by "Luini"
    I recently purchased a larger, nicely done nautical painting, in acrylic, that is signed "Luini". It appear to be of an Eastern or Northeastern fishing village. However, I cannot find any reference to this artist. Does anyone have an idea of his/her full name or other information?
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jan 18, 2009, 10:10 AM

Could you possibly supply a photo to compare the artwork you are referring to. There is an Italian High Renaissance Painter, ca. 1480-1532, by the name of Bernardino Luini who maybe the artist in question.
    erinaberegg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Hi. I also have a painting of his and was looking for more info on him. I bought my painting in Rockport Massachusetts from an art gallery and Rockport is a fishing town.
    uniques Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 12:59 PM
    I also have one by him; but no further information. I'm in Gloucester, MA.
    coastaldecor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 11:21 PM
    I also have a beautiful nautical theme painting by this artist. It looks like a fishing village in the north east. I love it and wish to find more of his work and more about him.
    jbs_fanci Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 03:38 PM
    I also have a huge painting on canvas signed in the lower, left hand corner that readas LUINI. I'm trying to see how to add a picture of it here, but in case I cannot & anyone would like to see it I can e-mail it to those interested. My address is [email protected]

The picture I have it of a boathouse? With a dock & 2 boats. Darker toned picture. Maybe in the evening or around the time of a storm. Birds flying in the distant sky, as well.
    jbs_fanci Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 03:43 PM
    Comment on jbs_fanci's post
    Oh hey... I made my Luini painting my avatar photo... view it & let me know if anyone else's looks like mine.
    marilou123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 07:35 AM
    I have a similar painting that I purchased on the boardwalk Ocean City MD 28 years ago. I have been carting it around with me ever since. Other than I think his name is John Luini it is hard to find any information on him. Makes you wonder what his story is?
    judystirling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2013, 03:43 AM
    I also have a similar painting. It's quite large and signed "Luini" in the lower right corner. It's a fishing boat scene with a few boats and boathouses and a lighthouse in the far right distance. It's been in my mother's house for decades. Anyone have info on this artist?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

I have an old but perfect condition "Pisani" signed oil painting. It is a 24x36 size. [ 13 Answers ]

My "Pisani" oil painting is 24x36 in size. I have been intrigued by this painting and would like some information on the artist and the title. I would be grateful foryour help or direction.

Painting titled "Trust" St. Bernard and girl [ 11 Answers ]

I have a painting with a girl and a Saint Bernard dog titled "Trust", can anyone tell me anything about it?

Homework with book "Contemporary Business 2006" questions [ 2 Answers ]

Questions 1–20: #050618 1. Which of the following facts would lead you to believe that your company takes customer satisfaction seriously? A. Products are all less expensive than competitor products. B. There are more distribution outlets for products than competitors have. C. Regular...

View more questions Search