Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjohns462 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 09:54 AM
    220 Volt Pool Timer
    I am trying to install an Intermatic Swimming Pool Mechanical Timer 220V - T104P3 to my exciting pump. I have two live wires coming from the breaker box which I labeled Line 1 & Line 2, there is also a ground wire. Then I have to wires coming from the pump which I labeled Load 1 & Load 2. I have connected Line 1 & 2 to the timer were it says to connect the lines. Then I connected Load 1 & 2 to the timer were it said to connect the loads. Then I connected the ground wire. Switched the main break back on, and nothing happens. :confused:

Would someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2006, 12:56 PM
    According to the wiring diagram for a T104, the line connects to terminals #1 & #3, and the load connects to #2 & #4.

Beyond checking your connections, all that needs to be done is set the On and Off trippers, and set the real time.

Assuming the connections are correct, does the motor start when you trip the manual lever? If so, and the timer does not keep time and switch on or off, then the timer motor may be defective.
    don fedoration Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Wiring diagram
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by don fedoration View Post
    wiring diagram
    What about it?

Do you realize this thread is over 2-1/2 years old?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Timer For Aboveground Pool Pump [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I am a pool novice. I have a frameset aboveground pool with a cheesy pump - 1/16 HP, 120V. It's plugged into a heavy duty garage outlet, but it's not clear if it's a GFCI. What kind of pump timer can I use that is safe and inexpensive, possibly GFCI? Thanks!

Replacing a 240 volt outlet with a 120 volt oulet [ 1 Answers ]

We've switched to a central air conditioning system and no longer need the 240 volt outlet by the dining room window. The house was built in 1928, updated in 1957, and again a couple of ad hoc times thereafter. The wiring is at times very old, brand new or somewhat old. My guess is that the 240...

Wiring Timer Clock, Off /On switch to Pool Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced an underground electrical line for my pool pump. Now I'm not certain of the hookup from the main power (220)to the timer clock (also 220)into the manual off/on switch mounted in it's own box on the back of the timer box, to the pump motor. Can anyone help me here. It's a single...

Running a 110v Sw off a 220v pool timer [ 5 Answers ]

Help, I have a Pool timer that is wired 220V for the pool pump. I have a separate 110v wire that was switched from my guest house to turn the pool lights on. There is a short in that wire now, possibly a wire breakage in the cement from shifting? Anyway, I've since unhooked it. My question...

View more questions Search