Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chessca Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Starting periods
    Hi there, I am desperate to start my periods and I don't know why.
    Its not because of peer pressure or anything like that I just really want to start them.
    Is there any way to get them faster than just waiting to have them?:confused:
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2008, 09:52 AM

I used to be the same way. I thought it would make me feel more grown up and all, but after I did start, I immediately wished it would stop, lol. :D
    Unfortunately there isn't any way to quicken them. It just comes when your body starts to really change. Basically it starts when you'll be able to get pregnant and have kids.
    Don't fret about it. It'll some soon enough. Your body is just in the process now. Even if its coming late, you'll be having it your whole life! So, enjoy not having to deal with the pads and all! :)
    nicole0789 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2008, 10:54 AM

How old are you ? If you 16 or older you may want to go to a doctor however if your not don't worry it will come believe me enjoy it now because when it comes you will be like wow those were the good days, but I do understand that you may not feel grown up but again don't worry about I am sure a beautiful girl who will develop at your rate
    cookiegrl23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 04:28 PM

U should be happy you don't have your period yet. I started and I have bad cramps all the time. Trust me, you don't want that.
    cookiegrl23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Plus u can miss out on a lot of things when you have your period.
    Chessca Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GothGirl1771 View Post
    I used to be the same way. I thought it would make me feel more grown up and all, but after I did start, I immediatly wished it would stop, lol. :D
    Unfortunatly there isn't any way to quicken them. It just comes when your body starts to really change. Basically it starts when you'll be able to get pregnant and have kids.
    Don't fret about it. It'll some soon enough. Your body is just in the process now. Even if its coming late, you'll be having it your whole life! So, enjoy not having to deal with the pads and all! :)

Thanks for the advice chicky i wont et it bother me too much! i love the name by the way 'goth girl' coz i think goths are brill infact i want to be one, but my mum wont let me coz she thinks id get alot of greef from it. Thanks again ROCK ON:)
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Oct 1, 2008, 06:36 PM

Hey, how old are you? Like someone says, if your over 16 check in on it, but if your not, trust me you do NOT want too start it. I know how you feel, all my friends started getting their per. At the same age and I was a bit left out, because I felt like a kid, but once you get them, you feel gross, you cramp and you have to check on it quite often just cause it feels uncomfy. Enjoy life, because it will happen eventually.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 02:47 PM

Okay, an adults perspective.

Usually your period starts when you are both old enough and weigh enough to start menstruation, for some girls it's earlier, for others it's later. I do agree that if you're 16 and still haven't started then it's time to see your doctor. Most girls start between 11 and 15.

Now, Goth Chick, I do have to disagree with one thing you said. You will not have your period for your entire life, you will go through menopause eventually and then your periods will stop.

Enjoy being young and period free, it's not all it's cut out to be. :)
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 5, 2008, 10:13 AM

Enjoy not having a period while you can! Some months it can be a horrifying experience. Personally, I get back aches, massive amounts of breast pain, cramps that are unbearable, and I just feel depressed. If I could I'd avoid my period, but that isn't happening. Like others have said before me, if you're 16 or older you probably should go and get it checked out though.
    Chebaby Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 07:35 PM

Honey trust me when you get it you would wish you did not have it... its painfull sweetheart and I would advise you to take your time, its worth waiting for... enjoy the pain free days you have now because once you get it... ITS HELL. Don't be so eager to grow up when you are to get it it will come... Don't walk to fast are you will reach to quick... that's an old time saying take it into consideration
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 03:53 AM

You'll be constantly wondering when Aunt Flo is coming to visit.
    skittles001 Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Oct 15, 2008, 06:55 PM

It will come on its own. There is no way to speed it up. I know it may make you feel like a real woman, but a lot of people have bad pains, during their period. Be happy and enjoy your time without it. Live happy!
    lovebug2140 Posts: 49, Reputation: -1

Oct 21, 2008, 04:34 PM

Haha enjoy not having your period while you can.. trust me.

Its not horrible its just really annoying.
    ty65dfvdf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 10:11 AM

You don't want to start its horrid there is pain involved unless u are lucky
    paige2828 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 04:54 PM

I was exactly like that but when I had it I wished it would go away. You have to miss everything!
    xodani Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jan 8, 2009, 09:15 PM

Don't worry about it starting to soon because as soon as it does like everyone else has said you just want it to stop I envy the girls who don't have to go through it every single month... trust me almost no matter what age you are it comes too soon and lasts too long haha.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I had periods again after my normal periods [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I am 19 year old girl. I am having regular periods since 3 months but when I started having sex with my boyfriend I started taking ecp pills. Fews days back I had my normal periods and then on 6th day I had sex and took pills after sex. Then on 11th day I again suddenly had pain in stomach...

Starting my periods [ 11 Answers ]

:eek: My daughter is 10 years old and has had abdominal pain does this mean she is starting her periods?:confused:

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

Periods [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to bleed for up to 8 days? Does it pose a health problem if toward the last days the periods are brown in colour like very old blood? Can it cause an infection?

View more questions Search