Im depressed, my Best friend won't talk to me anymore.

Asked Nov 21, 2008, 06:35 PM ó 31 Answers
    Threads merged

I'm so confused... my friend and I have been friends for almost 2 years and we think of each other as bestfriends, well until now. This year he barely even talks to me. I call him and he never picks up and when he does, he says " Dude im busy can i call u back later" and he never does. And when he goes to school, he just talks to all of his friends except me. He's been doing this to me for almost an exact 3 months, I'm so angry and depressed at the same time. I think he doesn't care about me anymore. He calls me his best friend... but I'm just not sure of that anymore... im not sure what to do anymore...

Last edited by talaniman; Feb 5, 2010 at 05:12 AM.
    xxariesxx's Avatar
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

#2

Nov 21, 2008, 07:17 PM

Have you talked to him about this? Maybe he doesn't even know you feel this way. Perhaps he has been busy and distracted and doesn't realize he's been neglecting you. Or maybe something is on his mind and he's been avoiding talking to you about it.

But in any case you'll never know until you talk to him about it yourself.
    Clueless13's Avatar
    Clueless13 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

#3

Dec 11, 2008, 06:55 PM
    I don't know what to do. Can you assist me.
    Threads merged

My Best friend hasn't been answering his phone lately, or replying to my texts for about 3 months. Probably, out of those three months, he picked up ten times. Just imagine having a so called "BEST" friend pick up his phone at a ratio of 10 days to 3 months, if you've been through this... I feel your pain... , anyway, I can't find a way to tell him how I feel, because I'm to scared of what the outcome may be. Will he change and take a turn for the better... but, what happens if he doesn't like what I tell him, and decides to end our friendship... I don't know what to do, I'm stuck between two different roads, what should I do...
    Aloysius's Avatar
    Aloysius Posts: 20, Reputation: 6

#4

Dec 11, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless13 View Post
    My BESTfriend hasn't been answering his phone lately, or replying to my texts for about 3 months. Probably, out of those three months, he picked up ten times. Just imagine having a so called "BEST" friend pick up his phone at a ratio of 10 days to 3 months, if you've been through this... I feel your pain..., anyway, I can't find a way to tell him how I feel, because I'm to scared of what the outcome may be. Will he change and take a turn for the better...but, what happens if he doesn't like what I tell him, and decides to end our friendship...I don't know what to do, I'm stuck between two different roads, what should I do...
    I really wouldn't worry about it. Some people aren't in to texting and talking on the phone too much, so it's not like his lack of audio/text contact is necessarily a bad sign. Perhaps you're being too needy? Best friends need space too, sometimes. I've been with my girlfriend for a year and a half, and we never talk on the phone, and she doesn't have a cell-phone so we don't text. This doesn't mean I don't love her, and you should think of your relationship with your best friend in the same way. Give it a rest and wait for him to call you.

If you feel so strongly about it, tell him. If he's really your best friend, he'll understand. If not, you might need to consider finding a best friend with best friend qualities, which is always patience and understanding. (:
    jjwoodhull's Avatar
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239

#5

Dec 11, 2008, 09:21 PM
    I think you should ask him straight out if he is angry with you about something. If not, then he is probably not a phone person. Is he being a good friend other than that?
    HistorianChick's Avatar
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825

#6

Dec 12, 2008, 01:05 PM

You should find out what is going on. Have you tried going to his house and asking what's wrong? Asking if you've hurt him some way? Ask him if he's mad at you? Tell him that you miss talking with him and want to go back to the way you used to be?

That would be the first step - if he's your best friend, maybe he just wants you to ask...
    Clueless13's Avatar
    Clueless13 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

#7

Dec 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
    My friend is such an idiot
    Threads merged

Im really angry and confused right, my Best friend is such an *** and he doesn't treat me with any respect anymore. You know what, he calls me his best friend, but guess what, when I call him and probably send him about 3 texts in a day, he tells me " Shut Up!", but I bet that when his girlfriend calls or would text him, I bet he would talk to her for more than three hours. I'm about this close to telling him that I don't want to be his friend anymore, and guess what, when that girlfriend dumps his ***, he'll be one less of a GOOD friend and a girlfriend, and when he gets depressed, he'll have no one to talk to, because I'm the only friend he has that will actually take his feelings seriously, other people would just mess with him... but now, I don't know what to do, what should I do?
    nitelight198073's Avatar
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

#8

Dec 16, 2008, 06:07 PM

How long have you been friends with him for one and if he does not have time for you move on dude there are plenty more people to have as friends ou there so do not put up with the mistreatment
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 36,741, Reputation: 5277

#9

Dec 16, 2008, 06:08 PM

How old are the two of you?
    marriaget's Avatar
    marriaget Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

#10

Dec 16, 2008, 06:09 PM

You just answered yourself. If your friend treats you like an he ISN'T a friend. & it may be hard to stay away from him and end it... and I doubt you will because barely anyone can do it... but let's see. He's probably not going to end up with this girl if he's a teen... & they'll end up breaking up and he won't have you to comfort him or w/e.

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

My best friend will NOT talk to me anymore. [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend won't talk to me anymore. She has always supported me in my football stuff and I have always supported her. Now she won't talk to me. We were having a conversation over Myspace and we were helping each other out with out problems. We had both said goodnight and then the next day, day...

Daughter will not talk to me anymore [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced and remariied father who has just seen his oldest daughter transform into my worse nightmare. As I stated I am remarried and I have another daughter who is 2. My oldest daughter is 14 now and has refused to talk to me stating she is mad and her feelings are hurt. My divorce from her...

I don [ 6 Answers ]

I tried to kill myself a few months ago, I was in the hospital for a month all because I was broken hearted, I am 14 years old and I feel there is no reason to live anymore. I donít believe anyone when they say they care, I have over 56 self inflected burns on my arm, I know my girl friend loves...

My best friend won't talk to me anymore [ 32 Answers ]

Over the past 3 years I developed a very close relationship with a female friend - we talked almost every day, went to the gym together, worked on school volunteer commitees together, etc. . During this time she opened up to me and told me all about her problems with her spouse and I encouraged her...