Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amathur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2005, 05:52 PM
    Unable to remember Yahoo Password
    Hi,

I forgot my Yahoo password can you please help?

UID : incurably separated from reality

Thanks & Regards,
    Akhil
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Mar 11, 2005, 06:44 PM
    Go to Yahoo mail, click on "Help", then select "What if I forgot my password?"
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2005, 06:46 PM
    Ok, I was able to hack the password. Email me.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2005, 06:27 AM
    Password
    Hi,
    If you forget your password, there is really nothing you can do.
    Except, keep trying, using trial and error, typing in something, until you might get lucky.
    Sometimes, you can click on the "forgot password", and if you have set up a question that only you would know the answer to, Yahoo will email you the password after you correctly answer it.

Just for information:
    If you wish to add or subtract from an Experts' reputation, or show appreciation or discontent with an answer, click on the "balance scales" icon by the Experts' name. You can then choose what you wish.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2005, 01:17 AM
    Best thing to do since karma hacked it :D is A.) make a weird password and maybe make a word document that you could type that password in and save it and have that to remember it. B.) if you want to really piss people who like to hack it. Do what I like to do, use say what's your pet name, your answer being lqodfr or something weird like that but instead you password being zunebt or something like that. Never make it a easy answer for anyone. But write it down and keep it safe to yourself or put it in a word document if your computer is only used by you.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 16, 2005, 04:49 AM
    No. No. No. No. No.

Oh, wait, Karma hacked it? :D Not my problem then I guess.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2005, 05:31 AM
    If you want a good password, make it something you will remember. Why have a random password if you are only going to forget it every other week or have to write it on a bit of paper that you'll only lose. But that said - mix it up a little. Have lower and uppercase letters. Add some numbers in there (i.e. Replace I with 1 maybe? Or just add a couple after the first letter etc.). Also add some special characters (! £, $, % etc.) if you are allowed. There's no point in choosing something random if you are only going to forget it.

For example... If you're favourite city was California, then how about "caL1f0rn!a" as a password. It's something memorable to you so you will remember it, it's not a real word so brute force methods of hacking will have trouble hitting it, plus it has a good mix of letters, numbers and characters. Then your password question could be "favourite city" - something vague enough for people not to be able to know the city unless they know you v.well but detailed enough for it to mean something to you. I would make it something more vague though. For example, I have the name of a cuddly toy my girlfriend has. This way only my girlfriend and I would be the only one's who would have a clue where to start.

Anyone else got a better way of choosing passwords?
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Mar 16, 2005, 06:00 AM
    Passwords
    Go for George Lucas's favourite password:

THX1138 :D

Not mine,obviously,but a damn good movie!

Nez.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2005, 12:43 PM
    yeah that's why I said if the computer is not used by anyone else write the password in a word document. Of better yet keep it in your wallet or stuff like that. But it is fun making passwords nobody can hack but you could go for something random like this. OK like what is your favorite movie. You say starwar. Or what's your favorite popcorn use the password actIIact like that. Also if you capitalize a letter in the password that'll make it even harder for someone to hack since most of them do think they will be lower case. But since karma hacked it :D you need a new password and a hard thought up name you can remember to solve that problem. Also you can use #'s or symbols too
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2005, 05:11 AM
    Funny thing, I haven't heard from him/her. Oh well, I guess he'll have to try to get into that account some other way. ;)
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2005, 08:54 PM
    Haha yeah, I hope he/she changes that password :eek:
    cute Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2005, 01:05 AM
    Yahoo email password
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Ok, i was able to hack the password. Email me.
    I want to know my email password "[email protected]"
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2005, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cute
    I want to know my email password "[email protected]"
    It will cost you $50. Is that OK?
    SollPatrol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2005, 08:32 PM
    Password got hacked
    Hey guys - my crazy ex hacked my email and changed my password. Can anyone get in there and tell me what the password is now so I can change my info and get her out of my life. She's NUTS! I'd be willing to pay. You can email me at [email protected]
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2005, 02:09 AM
    Karma, you crack me up :D

SollPatrol - Do what everyone else does. Email Yahoo and ask them to change your password for you. Nobody here can/will hack into your account and change the password for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yahoo Prompt password [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have enternet explorer v 6.0 and winxp with sp2 with latest update And when I try to login by my Yahoo ID it always promt me enter the password again, or ask me to enter my id and password And when I login to my group and try to see anything it always asking me about my password. This...

To get Yahoo password [ 3 Answers ]

Someone hacked my Yahoo password... And change my security questions? In that I have stored my important documents... How get I back my password? Security questions is also changed.. Please help me to get back my password

My Yahoo password was changed... [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody, please help me for my Yahoo password was maybe hacked. Is der oder way to recover my Yahoo account? :eek:

Unable to Resolve DNS [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Anyone got any good ideas on how to fix the issue with Win98 where it does not resolve DNS i.e. you can ping IP addresses fine but not addresses. We have reinstalled tcp/ip, communications etc. recreating DUN, with and without automatic assignment of DNS settings. Tried sfc to replace any...

View more questions Search