Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busybee226 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2006, 04:10 AM
    Saving pictures
    Every time I try to save my pictures from my camera through the camera program to a CD-R, a rewritable CD, or a flash drive, it says that it is write protected. What could be wrong. I know I have done this before and it worked.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 4, 2006, 04:43 AM
    First, I would not try to burn directly from the camera. Copy the files first to your hard drive, then try burning.
    busybee226 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 03:12 AM
    Thank you for you help but it still doesn't save going through the hard drive. I wonder if there is something that my husband checked off that shouldn't be. I am getting so frustrated.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2006, 05:43 AM
    My pics on my camera can be protected manually in theory. When viewing, I click on the menu button and it brings up a menu that allows me to protect the pics. On my sony, the protected pic has a small key icon on the viewing screen. When I click on menu again and select protect, it unprotects it. This will block me from deleting pics... but as I don't use the camera to send pics, I connect the memory stick directly to the computer through a media reader, I can delete, copy, etc without using the software even if it is protected.

Can you uninstall the software and then reinstall it? Does your camera return to factory settings if the battery is left out long enough? Afew suggestions to try.

I know you are saying that even outside the software its not working... can you take the card to a store like walmart/ walreens/ etc and use their machine to read the card? Can you get the pics onto a disc in the store? Have you tried a new memory card to see if the other one is the problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pictures in email won't print [ 9 Answers ]

I'm using Microsoft Outlook for email. When I receive an email with pictures included and print the message, the pictures do not print. I get a box with an "X" in it. I've tried the help files etc and am getting nowhere. How do I get them to print? Thanks, Kay

Pictures found on the net. [ 7 Answers ]

Where is the line drawn on copyright? When the copyright status is unknown: For example, my previous avatar here at askmehelpdesk was this picture: http://www.genx40.com/images/2005a/PopeEyes.jpg You can find it all over the web. I have no clue whether it's copyrighted or not. How far...

Jpg pictures [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help Quick--I downloaded jpg pics from the internet but they will not open.  Also I have some of the Same pics on my drive that I can open.  What has gone wrong?. Thanks.. Oh, I forgot to mention that when I try to download and a jpg it will only let me download As ART OR Bitmap.. Weird,...

View more questions Search