Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raider1154 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2004, 08:20 AM
    Outlook Express
    I'm running XP on my home computer. Since one of my sons "tweaked something" I can see messages (properties show full message is there) in the in box but the preview pane is empty. Similarly if you open the message the main message box is empty. If you print the e mail it shows attachments present which are not shown in the Inbox.

ATT00001.txt and ATT00002.htm

Any ideas to restore please to enable me to see contents ?
    jjuang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2004, 10:56 PM
    Re: Outlook Express
    Hello,

This is Judy. I had the same problem w/ my Outlook Express and had just fixed it. Basically, you will need to uninstall Outlook Express manually to clear the registry and some files that regular uninstall from control panel doesn't remove. For detailed step by step instruction, please go to
    http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak2101.aspx

Remember the pathname you change the folders to. After you reinstalled outlook express (I recommend going to Microsoft and download IE 6 directly instead of trying to run the .inf file), you can click on the backup link on the first section of the page above and learn to import old messages etc. from the files you renamed.

Best of luck.

Sincerely,
    Judy Juang
    Headcrash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2004, 03:45 AM
    Re: Outlook Express
    Hello Raider,

I had the same problem and fixed it by just changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{2CA95A90-749F-11D5-9B56-000000000000}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\News
    "Auto Fill Preview" to 1

Good luck,
    Headcrash

JohnyDoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Microsoft sucks?!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express [ 6 Answers ]

How do I retrieve files once Outlook express has Auto compacted them. I want to get information from the files that went off my screen. Is there a path to locate these files.? Aljay

Outlook Express for XP/How to set something [ 4 Answers ]

How do you set outlook so that when you highlight and e-mail it doesn't automatically open an attachment, for security purposes?

Outlook express [ 13 Answers ]

hi pals i have installed the outlook express now it asks me the incomming server and outgoing server if i want to access my yahoo or gmail mails then what is my pop server and smtp server?? :confused:

Outlook express 6 [ 2 Answers ]

How can I use my outlook properly, I can't receive, can't send what is happening... please help me... :(

Outlook Express 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I just downloaded Outlook express 6.0--When I try to sign in, it asked for my password which I must have had in Outlook Express 5--but I can't remember it--How do I find out what my pasword is--can't find anything on OE about doing this--Thank u very much

View more questions Search