Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Droff Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Fridge Magnetic Seal
    I have replaced the magnetic seal on my very old Montgomery Ward fridge and I'm having problems getting the door to close. When the top of the door is making contact with the fridge, I have about a 1" gap at the bottom. The door will close with some help, but won't stay closed as the strip doesn't want to stay up against the fridge.
    Any pointers or help?
    Thanks.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Normally you can adjust the door.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Sounds like the door is bent.
    Droff Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 04:40 PM
    The door wasn't bent when I took off the old seal. I don't think that's the problem.
    Any tips on adjusting the door and what I need to do to adjust it?
    Thanks.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Check at the hinges and seee if it won't adjust there. Also verify the new seal is install properly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of magnetic toy [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to find the name of this toy for a while now, it is my by far my favorite toy, I used to have two of them but I lost one. I will describe it as best as I can. It is a little spaceman type figure about 2 1/8 inch tall. Its head has a black spaceman type helmet on that has...

Magnetic Flux [ 1 Answers ]

If a magnetic flux passes through a circular coil when its diameter is D, what should be its diameter (in terms of D) so that only half as much flux passes through it in the same field? Assume that the magnetic field is uniform over the area in both cases.

Threads won't seal [ 4 Answers ]

I've replaced the faucet (whole kit and caboodle - valve body, faucets, everything) in the tub/shower of one of my bathrooms. The only things that aren't new are the pipe running to the showerhead and the water lines running to the faucet body. I'm having a ****ens of a time getting the water...

View more questions Search