Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcfajardo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Combination switch and receptacle?
    How do I install a combination switch and receptacle. I presently just have a light switch? Thank You.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 2, 2007, 01:01 PM
    If all you have is a switch you probably can't add a outlet unless there is a neutral available. Do you have just the two wires coming to and from the switch?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Like ballengerb1 says. If you have only 2 wires, and the 2 wires are in conduit, and it goes to lite? Lite will have a white.Remove lite, push white wire in, or pull 1 wire out with 2 wires attached, to replace the one.
    There are many combination devices including GFI's and Dimmers. However if for some reason you wanted two full size devices, Maybe an X10 type, and you have a two gang box
    with a single gang mudring. Get a two gang mudring, lay over single gang as accurate as possible, draw lightly around new mudring, take razor knife and cut up to line, remove mudring screws, and install two gang mudring. It is possible to do this and with new two gang plate should cover without painting or repair to drywall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Combination and permutation [ 2 Answers ]

In how many ways can the word isosceles be rearranged if the two e must not come together

Confused in permutation and combination [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am basically student of applied Economics but as a toll of research we use statistics. We are just in the beginning of the things and I have a problem. I get confused in questions related to permutation and combination and find it difficult to figure it out about what formula to use. Is...

Combination Permutation? [ 3 Answers ]

In how many ways can the batting order be determined for a coed softball team w/ five women and four men if a) there are no restrictions b) the women must all bat first c) the first and ninth batters must be men

Combination shower fan on GFI [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a combination fan, light, night light shower fan in a new shower, all of which are on separate switches. The electrician pulled all three switches to the panel box. It sounds to me that I will need to install 3 GFI breakers. Will I need to have all 3 on separate GFI breakers? What...

View more questions Search