Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handymanshelper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Replacing a pull chain light fixture
    I would like to replace a 2 bulb, glass shade, bedroom type pull chain light in my basement room redo. There is a poor selection of pull on fixures out there! Can a 3 arm ceiling fan fixure be installed alone as a ceiling light that would pull on/off? Can I use a canopy kit to cover the electrical box in the ceiling?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Technically speaking manufacturers will tell you, no, a ceiling fan light kit cannot be mounted to the ceiling, but, I've done it. Depending on your outlet box the holes my line up or you may need to fasten some sort of adapter.
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Apr 30, 2007, 06:53 PM
    It is pretty easy to convert many ceiling fixtures to pull chain by drilling through a metal part of the housing and installing the pull switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

Wiring a pull chain light fixture [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced a 1956 ceramic pull-chain lighting fixture in the basement (bare bulb), but can't get it to work. (My kids pulled the chain out of the old one, which used to work fine.)I wired a new one the same way, but it won't turn on. I replaced the new fixture with another new fixture, thinking...

Repairing a ceiling fan light pull chain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all I need to replace the pull switch for the light for my ceiling fan. I have the part and took off the the cover to get at the part that holds the bulb where the wires are supposed to connect. The problem is that one of the old wires is no longer connected and I can't tell where I should...

Replacing a pull chain switch [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My new pull chain switch has (only) two black wires; how do I connect it to the ceiling wires (one black, one white, plus the ground wire)? Thank you! Willow

Replace Florescant Pull Chain fixture [ 3 Answers ]

I wish to replace a florescant fixture that has a pull chain with a more modern track light fixture. Unless I have to I don't really wish to put an on off switch into the wall. Do I have any options? Thank you.

View more questions Search