Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tegelert Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2005, 06:17 AM
    Install bathroom plumbing undisturbed subfloor
    I'm converting an upstairs bedroom into a bathroom. There is an existing hardwood floor which I'd like to keep for the bathroom. Can I install the drains for the toilet and tub from under the bathroom floor without tearing up any of the hardwood floor and just cutting the floor at the drain locations?
    In other words I'd tear out the ceiling below the bathroom and install the drains there.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 22, 2005, 06:34 PM
    Remodel
    Quote Originally Posted by tegelert
    I'm converting an upstairs bedroom into a bathroom. There is an existing hardwood floor which I'd like to keep for the bathroom. Can I install the drains for the toilet and tub from under the bathroom floor without tearing up any of the hardwood floor and just cutting the floor at the drain locations?
    In other words I'd tear out the ceiling below the bathroom and install the drains there.

Ya sure can tall stranger, That's where you would have to plumb from anyhow. Shower or tub? If you're planing on a tub leave a 14 X14" access hole behind the tub and a 12 X12" floor cut out for the trap and raiser. That way if there is a problem in the future wuth the tub drainage you won't have to tear up the ceiling to repair it.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reconfigure bathroom plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to completely renovate my bathroom, and I want to create a better flow by moving the tub, toilet, and sink. How do I go about moving the plumbing to make my bathroom feel less blotchy and more cohesive.:confused:

Bathroom subfloor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I had to replace the subfloor in my bathroom around the toilet not the whole thing just a cut out piece. Do I have to fill the gaps between my butted up pieces? If so with what? Secondly I also have to lay a partial piece of 3/4 on top of my base do I need to lay anything down on top of the...

Bathroom plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm doing some renovations in a home built in the mid 50's. The waste lines are all cast iron. The toilet flange needs to be replace so I have decided to change all waste lines to PVC. The toilet has a 4" bend with a 2" connection for the tub drain. The line drops below the floor about 6" to 8",...

How to install a stand pipe using existing plumbing [ 6 Answers ]

I'd like to convert the plumbing from a small "grease sink" to a stand pipe for my washer. Is this possible? Is the pipe's diameter too small to accommodate the pressure from the discharge of water from the washer? What's the recommended diameter of the pipes for a stand pipe?

Basement bathroom plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Could someone please tell me whether my basement bathroom drainage is properly vented? Note that I am not concerned about building to code, I just want it to work. If you are interested in answering this question, I'll email you the drawing, because this forum will not accept an upload of...

View more questions Search