Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathkp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2014, 10:29 AM
    Why did the pressure go up unexpectably and overflow pressure relief valve?
    I have a new tank and pressure switch. Why did the pressure suddenly go up past it's setting and overflow the pressure relief valve?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2014, 02:26 PM
    This is on a well? Where is the pressure relief valve? On the hot water heater? Little more info please. If the well pump is off, there is no way pressure will increase unless you have an overheating tank and then the TPV is properly working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure relief valve [ 7 Answers ]

The last few days I have noticed water in my utility room. My water heater is about 7 years old. As far as I know the valve has never been replaced (I've owned for 2 years). I am a single male so I don't use a ton of water. Shower daily, dishes/ laundry weekly. Would you think the old relief valve...

Cold water pressure relief valve leaking, not the TRP valve [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Cold water pressure relief valve start to drip water through the drain pipe. I replaced it with a new one but it is also dripping water. I have reduced water pressure in the house to the minimum by turning main water supply valve but it still leaking. Thanks for your help.

Pressure relief valve [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a Titan tankless water heater. But when I turn on the show, all the water seems to go out the pressure relief valve. Can I just plug it up?:mad:

Pressure relief valve [ 2 Answers ]

I accidentally hit the valve release with my arm. No it won't stop dripping. I did not open it to where I had to close the valve. How can I get it to stop?

View more questions Search