Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffk15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 11:28 AM
    Can I hook up my welder to my generator the generator has a 4 wire plug my welder is
    Can I hook up my welder to my generator the gen. has a 4 wire 240v plug welder is 3 wire?

Check out some similar questions!

How many watts needed from generator for welder? [ 1 Answers ]

My 110 volt welder requires a 20 amp circuit. I reason the welder can then draw up to 2200 continuous watts. Manufacturer recommends a time delay fuse or circuit breaker for surges. Is my reasoning correct that a 120 volt generator outlet rated at 20 amps will appropriately power my welder? ...

Hook up my generator from 4 prong to 3 pron using 3 wire 12 gauge extension cord [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Husky 3750 watt generator. I want to make my own cord with 4 prong head on one end and 3 prong on the other. I have already made the cord but am unsure of the way I have it wired. On the 4 prong side I wired it white to white, black to black, green to green, and jumper from black to X. On...

I am trying to wire a 230v 50amp stick welder to my dryer plug, is this possible? [ 2 Answers ]

The welder has 4 wires black,white,red and green. The dryer plug is 3 wire. The dryer receptacle is black, red,and white.please help!!

How to wire a generator plug? [ 4 Answers ]

I have purchased 10-3 uf direct burial cable to wire to the transfer switch of my generator and back to the male waterproof receptical. I plan on taking one wire at a time off on the switch and the receptical to make sure I properly place them back. While I was at Lowe's I had a receptacle in my...

Welder hook up in garage [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Miller Syncrowave 351 Welder for my garage. I contacted Miller Electrics online Tech service. They sent me this. The electrical service guide for a Syncrowave 351 shows that at 50/60HZ single phase, input voltage at 230 without power factor Correction you Will need a 125...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.