Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larcred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2013, 08:36 AM
    Hunter ceiling fans remote
    I have a Hunter Fan Model # 23537-380 commonly known as Brentwood. It only operates via Remote Control. One day it just stopped working. I replaced the battery and still does not work. Just in case I bought new batteries and tried that again. Still doesn't work. I had my neighbor check the wall switch to make sure electricity was getting to the fan. All is well there and in that process suddenly the fan is just whirring around so we know 2 facts: 1) Power is getting to the Fan and 2) fan actually does work. That leads me back to the remote. I contacted Hunter and was told this fan is now obsolete and no parts are available. Also that it will only operate with the original remote so purchasing any type of Hunter remote will operate my fan. Their only suggestion is for me to purchase another Hunter fan. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Thanks!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 27, 2013, 09:23 AM
    Their only suggestion is for me to purchase another Hunter fan.
    Before doing that I would purchase a universal remote and receiver and try it. If universal doesn't work you can always return it.

All is well there and in that process suddenly the fan is just whirring around so we know 2 facts
    That makes me think that possibly there is a bad connection at the switch or switch is defective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fans [ 0 Answers ]

Can you change rotation of fan by switching jumpers

My Hunter fans came with incandescent lights, a remote, and a dimmer function. [ 1 Answers ]

My fans came with a dimmer and incandescent lights. When they burned out, I tried putting in compact fluorescent bulbs but they strobe due to the dimmer function. Can that be fixed? I don't mind wiring out the dimmer function if I know what to look for.

Hunter fans remote control 85095-02? [ 0 Answers ]

I installed a new motor, how do I program the remote?

Hunter Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

Remote control fan turns on by itself

Hunter ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

The Hunter ceiling fan I have sways or swings a lot when it is on it's highest speed; the downrod is about 18 inches from ceiling, what are some possible fixes? Also sometimes the light or the fan will just come on by themselves, the fan is on a remote and a switch

View more questions Search