Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superdee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 05:45 PM
    Wiring Light with Power Source in Middle
    I have a light box on a post that I have to feed power to but the electrical source is in the middle of the run and the switch is at other end going up steps. I was going to hook the white from light to white at power source, black from light to white from switch with a piece of black tape on it that I would hook to top of switch and black from bottom of switch to power source. Is this correct??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2013, 05:53 PM
    You're close. White from source goes to white of light. Black power lead goes to White from switch, put tape on it. Black from switch goes to black of light. Doesn't make any difference what wire goes on what terminal of switch. Any white wire carrying power gets black tape or magic marker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 switches 1 power source from an outside light [ 2 Answers ]

Power source is coming into switches from the light. Want to run power to a second light from the switch. How do I jump the power source. Using 14/2 already run. Don't really have a choice to replace

Wiring an inside light and an outside light one power source and two switches [ 4 Answers ]

I want to wire an inside light and an outside light with two switches and one incoming power source. With the two switches are in the same box

Wiring switch and gfi with one power source in [ 1 Answers ]

I need to make one ground fault outlet and one switch to a vainity light using one powersource. The power source comes into the switch box as well as wiring from the gfi box and the wire from the vanity light. I created two pig tails off the power source hot (black wire), one is connnected to the...

Electrical power source in house wiring [ 1 Answers ]

How do you determine if the power source is coming to a ceiling fixture then to the wall switch or vise-a-versa.

Wiring double lighting switch, one source of power. [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to wire a porch light to one switch and a ceiling rose to the other switch. I have three cables into the fitting wall box, each with a black wire, earth wire and red wire. Only one of the cables carries power on the red wire. I believe one of the cables is the switch wire...

View more questions Search