Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dmiller798 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Voltage detector problem
    In my new house it had a loft that was converted into a bedroom by putting a wall up and a door. In the hallway there was a bookcase that was 16 inches deep and when I used a voltage detector I was getting a reading on the outside of the bookcase. When I would take the voltage detector and move it closer to the wall it started screaming really loud. I have never seen it where the voltage reading through the bookcase 16 inches out measured voltage. I open up the wall and there was a 14-2 wire going from a nearby outlet going up to the switch and another 14-2 going from the switch up to a fan in the room so I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and it looks correct.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2013, 04:25 AM
    So what's the problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the problem when the voltage goes up with load. [ 0 Answers ]

When I load up one side of the hot, it creeps up like 122, 125, 127 and etc as the load increases the voltage increased. The other side of the hot line is going down... similarly, but not as fast. I have made sure I have a good neutral, as far as I can tell in the meter box, but cannot see it on...

Motor voltage problem [ 8 Answers ]

I'd like to reduce the voltage going into a motor from 120 to 95. It's an 18 amp DC treadmill motor running on rectified house current. Could anyone tell me what size resistor (ohms and watts) to use? Thank you. Rick A

GVD-505A Voltage detector [ 2 Answers ]

What battery size and model do I use for my Live Wire GVD-505A Voltage detector?

Mysterious Low Voltage Problem [ 12 Answers ]

Mysterious Low Voltage Problem My daughter & her husband called me about an electrical problem they were having. I got my tools & multimeter and went to their house (11 years old). They had just finished redecorating their master bath. They had removed the wallpaper, and applied texture and...

View more questions Search