Ask
    cowboybiker2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2013, 09:42 AM
    How to wire three wires to a four prong turnlok plug
    How to connect a four prong turnlok to a three cord dryer plug
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 30, 2013, 06:26 PM
    First off, this is a message board. You post a question or problem and folks try and help you with it. This is not a search engine.

What are you trying to do?

Jul 1, 2013, 07:18 PM
    Trying to wire a 4 prong trulok plug to my generator to a three prong dryer cord plug so I can plug my generator into my dryer outlet

Jul 1, 2013, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    First off, this is a message board. You post a question or problem and folks try and help you with it. This is not a search engine.

What are you trying to do?
    Trying to wire a 4 prong trulok plug for my generator to a three prong dryer cord so I can temporaryly plug my generator into my dryer outlet
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Sorry. That is dangerous and highly illegal. You won't find any help doing this.

You need a proper transfer switch or main breaker interlock with an inlet box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Four wires for a 3 prong plug 240V [ 1 Answers ]

We purchased a 240V 30amp griddle with a NEMA 6/30 plug config. Our electircian wired with 4 wires. Which wires go where. The receptacle only has 2 poles and a ground.

How to Wire a 4 prong receptacle to 3 wires [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen. My old electric range was hard wired to a wire coming out of a hole in the wall. There are 3 wires, a white, a black and a bare copper. Lowe's said they will not hard wire my new range, that I need a receptacle to plug in the range. They said...

How do I wire a 3 prong 220 plug to a 4 prong plug? [ 1 Answers ]

Dryer ciruit 1962 house 2006 whirlpool dryer

How do you wire a 4 prong plug [ 1 Answers ]

i have a switch box in the house. My wire coming outside has the black, red, white and ground. The 4 prong plug i have has g-green w-white y for? And x for? Can anybody tell me which one is for black and which one for red? Thanks

3 wire range to 4 prong plug. [ 2 Answers ]

Have an old 3 wire 240v range I am installing. I ran a 50amp souple pull circuit with 6/3 wire and installed a 4 prong outlet. How can I convert the range to a four prong plug. Black and Red are easy. Does white go to ground lug on the range and then does green get bonded to the range itself. ...

View more questions Search