Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevobags Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2013, 01:52 PM
    New Wiring To Exterior Shed - Grounding Help Needed
    Hello all. I have an aboveground pool 125 feet from the panel in the house. The pool is on a 20 amp gfci breaker at the panel.

Of course, an additional gfci outlet on a separate breaker is at the pool location mounted on the same pole.

We put in a new shed 80 feet away from the pool.

I have run #10 from the pole at the pool to the shed. I would like to tap into the gfci outlet at the pole on the load side. At present, the pool pump and exterior gfci are on a common ground wire back to the panel. All I would like to do is run lights into the shed, no heavy equipment.

Can I pigtail onto the common ground being used in the box? I believe I can but wanted to touch base with you guys first. Of course, all lines going into the box are #10. A common crimp would be sufficient, agreed?

Thanks!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 04:45 AM
    Yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shed grounding [ 10 Answers ]

I am going to wire a shed. I have uf 3 wire with no ground buried from the main to the shed. I am not going to be able to drive a ground rod in the ground because is virtually a rock. The electric company pole is located approximately 10' from the shed. Could I use the pole ground... i.e.. Run...

3-wire feed to subpanel in shed - bonding and grounding? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 240 volt, 3-wire, 10 gauge feed from my house to a subpanel in a remote shed that has been there for at least 20 years. This feed is protected by a 30amp breaker on the house panel. There are no other metallic connections between the shed and the house The subpanel in the remote shed...

Shed soffit/overhang help needed [ 2 Answers ]

Got my shed almost completed but I'm stuck on installing soffit. My eave and rake overhang is 12". On the eaves, I plumbcut the rafter tails because I wanted the soffit (plywood) to be level. I'm just not quite sure what to do where the eave end meets the gable. The eave soffit will be level but...

Grounding rod for shed [ 5 Answers ]

I have built a work shop in my back yard, I want to put a sub box in the shed. The shed is 2 1/2 ft. from my main breaker box. I plan on putting a 100 amp Breaker in the main box to feed the work shop sub box. The sub box will have Separate c/b's for all the circuit's but no main breaker. My...

View more questions Search