Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnnyray0623 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Spiral Fluorescent lamp
    I installed a Hampton Bay Outdoor Wall-mounted lamp with motion-sensor. The installation comes with a 100 watt incandescent lamp. The fixture works as described. I replaced the incandescent lamp with a 23 watt spiral fluorescent lamp (100 watt incand. eq.). It works as described except when it is off, the lamp flickers; comes on as necessary, but flickers when no motion detected.

Do I just have a bad fluorescent lamp?

Thanks.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 23, 2007, 01:33 PM
    This is normal. As it is a function of how fluorescent lamps work and the fact that it uses ballasts.

Here is some more information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 way lamp socket [ 5 Answers ]

I have just replaced an old 3 way (knob style) lamp socket with a new 3 way pull chain lamp socket. The bulb is good, but the lamp only lights on 1 stage. What did I do wrong?

Floor lamp gives me a shock [ 2 Answers ]

Metal lamp sits on a cement floor. Its two prong and plugs into A strip outlet by the computer that is three prong. If I'm barefooted and touch any part of the metal lamp I get a shock. I'm wondering if I should use a three prong adapter. If that would help??

Ceiling lamp instructions [ 3 Answers ]

How do I install a hampton bay ceiling lamp

Hampton Wall Lamp [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed two new Hampton Wall Lamps, replacing my outdoor gargage lights. My problem is that I reconnected white to white, black to black, and ground to ground in the same manner as the units replaced. When I turned the power back on, no lights? I tried grounding two different ways, wire to...

Fluorescent dimmer [ 1 Answers ]

I've heard that dimmer switches should not be used with fluorescent lights (kitchen). True or not? I haven't found anything in the books that I have. Are there dimmer switches made just for fluorescents? Thanks for the help. Jersey

View more questions Search