Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matwit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Four wires
    Hi I wired a new light scoket with red green white black wires and light switch doesn't work but light comes onand off with main power switch have I got wires wrong cheers
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 13, 2013, 05:36 PM
    I don't know maybe you could tell us more about this wring like what wires are in the wall box and what wires are in the fixture box do you find reading text like this difficult I do
    matwit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 06:56 PM
    [QUOTE=stanfortyman;3462806]I don't know maybe you could tell us more about this wring like what wires are in the wall box and what wires are in the fixture box do you find reading text like this difficult I do[/QUOTE ] well get stuffed and learn english mate you are a smartass
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 13, 2013, 08:15 PM
    [QUOTE=matwit;3462853]
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    i don't know maybe you could tell us more about this wring like what wires are in the wall box and what wires are in the fixture box do you find reading text like this difficult i do[/QUOTE ] well get stuffed and learn english mate u r a smartass
    Gee, new member starts on the right foot. LEARN PUNCTUATION MATE.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 13, 2013, 08:16 PM
    well get stuffed and learn english mate you are a smartass
    Well, obviously your version of English does not include proper punctuation, capitalization or sentence structure.

P.S. The word English is a proper noun and is capitalized.

have I got wires wrong
    Yes, about as wrong as your English
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 14, 2013, 03:32 AM
    well get stuffed and learn english mate you are a smartass
    I was making a point. I guess you missed it.
    It is such a shame how the education systems around the world have failed so many.
    Oh, and I am a smartass. But that one was easy to figure out.

Care to try again? I'm sure there is someone here who can help you.
    Also put your location in your profile. I get the impression you are from outside the US or Canada. Codes and wiring practices are very different in other places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I check combustion fan. Two wires from top to power and two wires from bottom [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the big fan motor an capacitor and it just hums when I turn switch to on . I can hot wire it and it runs fine. I want to check the little cobustion fan but it has four wires two for power and two for a sensor on the ventilation fan?

Three white wires & three black wires to dimmer switch with 2 black wires - Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a new dimmer switch and when I removed the old on/off switch, I found 3 white cables all tied together and 3 black cables. I know that the cables also connected to the light switch in the guest room. I just don't know what to do with my 2 black wires from my new dimmer switch, and...

Wires came loose while changing switch need to get wires matched.keeps blowing fuse [ 2 Answers ]

My question is to match the right color wires to operate ceiling fan and light fixture. The wires came loose before I could match them. The swith has three colors black, red and blue. The colors that are to be matched with are green, red and orange. How do I match these. Additionally it has a...

View more questions Search