Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackolantern759 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Why won't my grand am turn over- has power
    My 2004 grand am won't turn over. Has power but won't even click. Starter was checked and it is good. Starter relay changed. No security light on. Can here fuel pump run. Suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2012, 02:00 PM
    . Remove and fully charge the battery. Most auto parts stores will test batteries for free. Clean battery terminals and cable connections, including to the starter motor.

. Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check for codes.

. Check ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Pontiac Grand Am Won't turn over [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 pontiac grand am gt 6 cylnder ( my girl friends car ) the car has issues with cranking . No noise from any starter , battery , any life from the engine trying to start , you turn the key.the gauges go from least to greatest and then back to least and that is it! That is the amount of...

74 chevy truck will turn over but won't start. Will start with starter fluid but won't [ 1 Answers ]

My 74 chevy pickup sat over the winter and now it won't start. I was running just fine before I let it sit. It turns over but won't start. If I use starter fluid, it will start but won't stay running. I don't smell gas in the carb either. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump or the filter. Problem...

97 grand am losing power [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 97 grand am that looses power while driving. Sometimes its like its not getting fuel.if I let off the gas a bit it goes okay. I had the car checked out at the dealership and they said engine vacuum was low. They want to pull motor apart. I don't really want to do that unless its really...

Turn signal on grand prix [ 2 Answers ]

What is involved in changing a turn signal switch in a 1995 Pontiac Gran Prix ?

View more questions Search