Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdgarza5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
    Wire size for 220 volt welder running length 150 feet
    I am building a shed 150 feet from my house and would like to run my 220 volt Miller stick welder; what size of wire would I need to bury underground? Thank you in advance.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 19, 2012, 11:02 PM
    Hi,
    I cannot read the tag on the machine, so about the best I can do is give you this link:
    Electrical Wire Sizes - What Size Electrical Wire Do I Need
    And say that you are going to experience 150' of voltage drop. You need a UF rated cable to bury it.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a 208 /230 volt supply for a welder? [ 7 Answers ]

To Whom It May Concern: I need some advice on a 4 3 wire with ground wire; where does the ground wire go on a 208/230 setup? I am using a 50 amp double pole breaker. Sincerely, Tracy G. McDougal [email protected]

220V wire size (80 ft length) [ 1 Answers ]

I've been reading these thread and already have a wealth of information. Thank you Basic Info: I have a bridgeport mill, and DoAll band saw. Both of which are 220 3phase. I'm going to have a rotary phase converter to supply the 3 phase. The Saw has 3hp & Instant Amps 28 (prob for he blade...

Wire size for 120 volt 40 amp [ 5 Answers ]

I need to run a 120 volt 40 amp circuit about 50 feet. What size copper wire do I need to use?

What is the wire size for a 30 amp at 50 feet [ 1 Answers ]

What is the wire size for a 30 amp wire at 50 feet long

Wire size vs Run Length for flood lights [ 6 Answers ]

I will be installing 3 exterior flood lights ( each light has 3 - 150 watt bulbs). They will be controlled from 4 switches ( two 3 ways at each end, and two 4 ways in the middle). The last 4- way switch will go to a junction box that then feeds all three lights. Wire run lengths are: Panel to...

View more questions Search