Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    se4rg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Electrical questions
    I have a veterinary hospital and we use 15 amp rated cage dryers to dry the animals after baths. Lately we have been melting the end plugs(15 amp) on these
    Dryers. Our circuit breakers are 20 amp. Should I get dedicated 20 amp sockets
    Or do I then run the risk of burning the dryers themselves. Will 20 amp sockets and end plugs and a 15 amp breaker work to prevent overheating or will the draw of these older dryers just keep tripping the breaker?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2012, 02:36 AM
    Yes, use commercial or specification grade 20 am rated receptacles, be sure to use the screw type connection, and use good commercial or spec grade 20 amp or 15 amp plugs.

The issue is the heat is created at the plug connection due to looseness. Using quality grade devices should help eliminate this issue.

Always be sure each plug is pushed in tight before using the dryers. Develop an inspection routine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical questions [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect a subpanel in my garage so I can run my 71/2 hp 230v single phase air compressor. I live in a mobile home with a power pole and it has a single pole 20 amp breaker supplying the garage currently. The wire going to the garage is #10 600v copper. What type of preaker do I need...

Electrical questions [ 3 Answers ]

Switch position reverse. I have 120v coming from the breaker to the switch box. The box has the in and out white wire tied together and the in and out ground wire tied together. The black wire in and out goes through a single switch. It works fine, but switch positions are reversed On is off...

Ask electrical questions? [ 1 Answers ]

What size earth cable comes into the house?

Electrical questions [ 0 Answers ]

Installed a solar panel last january 3 units in basement that convert the dc current to ac Ever since i have been experiencing power surges Some appliances have burned out Tv's will come on in the middle of the night Baltimore put a monitor in for a week and found no problems The solar...

Various Electrical Questions [ 8 Answers ]

GFCI circuitry. Technical purpose and function. Can someone please explain? Also, what is the proper way for an inspector to test a GFCI receptacle?

View more questions Search