Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taz_man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Socket feels hot
    I just had a shower and when I came out of bathroom I could smell fishy smell, and when I went to turn power off to shower the socket was hot, is this where the smell was coming from? Can I still use shower?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 01:17 PM
    Are you in the US (or Canada)?
    Our showers typically don't have sockets.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2012, 04:30 AM
    Any heat coming from an electrical device should be checked by a qualified electrician, as it indicates a loose connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My floor feels hot in certain areas [ 3 Answers ]

I recently noticed that in a few parts of my bathroom, the floor tiles are "hot". I can also hear water running through the sink drain. The hallway floor also has a few hot spots... Yikes, what type of service should I call for help?? Do you think I have a water leak? If so, wouldn't I see any type...

Convert A15 intermediate socket to A19 standard socket [ 10 Answers ]

I need more light from my Hampton Bay ceiling fan light. It has the new A15 Intermediate base bulb and does not put out enough light. Is there a fluorescent bulb available for the Intermediate base socket? Is there an adapter available for the socket that would allow me to use a Standard size...

Hot electric socket with two immersions connected to it [ 3 Answers ]

We have recently had our water tank repaired (the bottom immersion was leaking). We now have two immersions working. At first the plumber connected them to a timer which would only work for 10 minutes and would then switch itself off. My husband wired both immersions up to one switch which...

View more questions Search