Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teeneeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 07:18 PM
    Home Amp
    There are 2 breakers in the main box. One 2 pole 100 amp. There is another 2 pole breaker, but 100 is only on one side, the other is blank. Looks like we have 100 amp. I'm unsure what the second breaker is. Looks like it's on but only one is labeled 100. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks!
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jul 3, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Could be the clothes dryer, a water heater, the air conditioner, stove,baseboard heat,well. Depends what amp the breaker is
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2012, 09:06 PM
    Sub panel somewhere?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two 120 amp tankless hot water units in single 200 amp home [ 7 Answers ]

My home has two water lines and therefore two hot water tanks. I just replaced one with the ECO27 unit and can barely make the space for the three 40 amp double pole breakers needed. I am trying to think ahead as I will likely want to replace our main tank as well. Our house is 100% electric...

My son is in need of a job & home for he & my grandson what programs are available? [ 2 Answers ]

My son (Chris) & Grandson (Tyler) have been living with Tyler's mom's (Kristen) parents,Kristen has been in & out of the home & they were never married. I've been checking into programs to help Chris get a job and a home for him and his son. Chris has been in trouble with the law before but has...

The cost for converting a 60 amp home to 200 amp? [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering purchasing a great home with the exception of the outdated 60 amp service. The power runs from the street to a pole at the very back of the property in to the kitchen inside of a kitchen cabinet! To compound the issue the power runs to the house and is only 6 feet away from the...

100 amp or 200 amp service in new home? [ 17 Answers ]

We are having a home built and are anticipating having the following right now: 1250 square feet of living space C/A Fridge Separate freezer Washer/dryer Over/range Microwave Electric tankless hot water heater

What if I use too much AMP for my home [ 18 Answers ]

Good evening. I'm no electrician, neither do I have ton of knowledge. I have 2 on-demand water heater (they heat water only when needed, pulling each 60 amp, so 120 amps total) In summer, no problem, but as soon as I start heating the house (1500 square feet heated by electrical...

View more questions Search