Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jobuski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 10:45 AM
    Hampton Bay Thermostatic Ceiling Fan Remote Control Stopped Working
    Hello, I have a Hampton Bay Thermostatic Programmable Ceiling Fan Remote Control (838-956) and it had been working fine for 2 years. Then it would not work at all. Both the lights and fan will not turn on with either the remote or pull chains. From talking with employees at the Home Depot they thought the remote receiver in the ceiling had over heated and failed. After a year of non-use it started working again. I am unsure if it is a fire hazard at this point and am reluctant to use it. Is it safe to use or does it need replacing?

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan light not working with remote control [ 11 Answers ]

The remote control for my hampton bay ceilng fan will no longer turn the light on or off as well as will not dim. The remote will still control the fan speed and direction but the only way I can turn the light on or off is with the wall switch (no pull cord on fan). Is this a remote control problem...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan remote stopped working, 3 of them! [ 2 Answers ]

I had a party at my home last night. We have three remotes for three ceiling fans. 1. living room remote, 2. den remote, 3. bedroom remote. 1. Our living room ceiling fan remote got a baloon string wrapped in it and started making a noise and shaking. I plan on removing the string no big...

Hampton Bay Thermostatic Ceiling Fan and Light Remote Control 838-956 [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought and installed a Ceiling Fan with Lights as well as purchased the Hampton Bay Thermostatic Ceiling Fan and Light Remote Control 838-956. I used for the first time few days ago when I had visitors. To my surprise, it was spinning at 1 speed - Low/Slow. According to the...

Hampton Bay Thermostatic Remote Control Failed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Thermostatic Remote Control system (sensor unit installed in the base of a Hunter fan, remote has LCD with dimmable light and automatic temperature controlled fan settings). It had been working fine until this morning when my wife turned the light on. It now will not be...

Hampton Bay Thermostatic Ceiling Fan and Light Remote Control [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a Thermostatic Celing Fan and Light Remote Control to go along with a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan. The fan works great, but when we try to hook up the remote it no longer works. The remote came with no instructions. I am wondering if anyone knows how to install it, or where I can find the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.