Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cudafishman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Electrical questions
    I am trying to connect a subpanel in my garage so I can run my 71/2 hp 230v single phase air compressor. I live in a mobile home with a power pole and it has a single pole 20 amp breaker supplying the garage currently. The wire going to the garage is #10 600v copper. What type of preaker do I need to install at the main power supply and will this #10 wire handle the 30amp load to run the air compressor?
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jun 21, 2012, 06:56 PM
    According to my calculation a 7 1/2 hp 230volt single phase motor pulls 40 amps and would require a minimum size 2 #8 wires

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a lightpost in my yard which had an outlet in the center of the post. The outlet only worked if the light was on. The light was controlled by a hard wired timer which had a black, white, red and green wire. I assume the red and black juiced the outlet and the light. The...

Electrical questions? [ 2 Answers ]

Installing dimmer switch there is hole in wall but no box, their was a switch their attached to dry wall This is a modular home. Should I add a cut in box then put switch ? And there is three wires no 2 just tie all whites together and all blacks and grounds right?

Ask electrical questions? [ 1 Answers ]

What size earth cable comes into the house?

Electrical questions [ 0 Answers ]

Installed a solar panel last january 3 units in basement that convert the dc current to ac Ever since i have been experiencing power surges Some appliances have burned out Tv's will come on in the middle of the night Baltimore put a monitor in for a week and found no problems The solar...

Various Electrical Questions [ 8 Answers ]

GFCI circuitry. Technical purpose and function. Can someone please explain? Also, what is the proper way for an inspector to test a GFCI receptacle?

View more questions Search