Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgeminor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
    I want to wire 2 individual switches to 2 individual fixtures with one power source I
    I want to wire 2 individual switches to 2 individual fixtures with one power source in junction box. Can this be done? Thanks for any help - George
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
    Is this a junction box or a wall box? If it is a wall box, pigtail a hot from 1 switch and run 2 cables. If it is a junction box, you will need to pigtail 2 switch loops from the hot in the junction box through 2 new cables.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One power source, two switches [ 2 Answers ]

If I have one power source coming in, do I just pigtail the black wire to the two swtches and wire nut the white wires together? Also do I pigtail the ground to the switchor just wire them all together?I am running 12-2 wire. And controlling two different light sources. Also on 15amp breaker,...

I want to wire (all 14 gauge) 2 separate dimmer switches and lights to 1 power source [ 1 Answers ]

Details: In one dimmer switch box I have one 14 gauge wire . And I have a second 14 gauge wire in that same switch box that runs over to another dimmer (which operates a separate light). I'm trying to give power to both dimmer switches from the white power wire coming in, while having both separate...

How Gourevitch and Power view both collective and individual culpability for the geno [ 19 Answers ]

How Gourevitch and Power view both collective and individual culpability for the genocide in Rwanda.

How to wire three switches in a line off one power source? [ 1 Answers ]

I have built a new 2 piece bathroom and I have 3 separate switches all right beside each other and I want to power all 3 from one feed. (one is for the bathroom light, one is for the fan and the other is the hall light) How do I wire them so that they all work independently?

Individual Switches from F1 to H1B Status (China Treaty and Tax Treatment) [ 0 Answers ]

I volunteer as part of a low income tax clinic at my school, and I'm doing research for an international tax issue. If an individual was on an F-1 Visa for the first portion of the year, and had Code 19 Income. The individual is from China. During the year, they switched to H-1B status. They...

View more questions Search