Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bachsnw Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 07:16 AM
    Outlets don't work
    I have 3 baths that have outlets and none of them work recently.checked the breaker and it was not tripped.tested all outlets and I am getting a reading of 92 to 100 volts,which should be 115v.have a solution?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2012, 07:35 AM
    I have seen multiple baths on 1 GFI.
    Do they all Have GFI's. Many newer GFI will not reset without power being present.
    Does turning off the light switch reduce or eleminate that low voltage reading.

Apr 22, 2012, 08:07 AM
    The outlets are controlled by double 15amp.outside the box is a gfi that is used for telephone equip. And sump pump.lights are separate, voltage same.

Apr 22, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    I have seen multiple baths on 1 GFI.
    Do they all Have GFI's. Many newer GFI will not reset without power being present.
    Does turning off the light switch reduce or eleminate that low voltage reading.
    No... on a double 15amp... outside the box is gfi used for telephone and sump pump.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Do the voltage test with a load on the circuit.

Apr 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Do the voltage test with a load on the circuit.
    Thx, will try that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlets work but the lights don't [ 11 Answers ]

The lights in my kitchen and the hallway and in the master bathroom don't come on.. I checked the outlets and they all have power with one exception.. the outlet that the microwave is plugged into. I the master bathroom the outlet is working but the light won't come on.. I assume they are all on...

My outside outlets don't work [ 1 Answers ]

I just came across this thread while looking up an issue that I am having with my two outside outlets. Both my front rear outlets are out and not running my front water fountain or the pool in the back yard. We had a power outtage yesterday and I had unplugged all the outdoor things. This morning...

Why don't my garage outlets work [ 1 Answers ]

All the outlets in my house work fine. The two wall outlets in my garage do not work as well as the out for the backyard. Had a freezer hooked up to the garage outlet and small gardening tools plugged into the backyard outlet, other than that no great power users. Any suggestions?

Outlets won't work [ 1 Answers ]

When my folks were in town for Christmas, they noticed that when they plugged their phone charger into one of the guest bedroom outlets, it made the table lamp dim and flicker. I took a look at the outlet they tried to use and saw that the ground wire connection was loose. I tightened it, screwed...

Outlets won't work [ 2 Answers ]

4 outlets in abedroom show power with a tester, but when I plug something in the tester light goes out. 1 outlet in my living room does the same thing. 1 outlet in the bedroom is connected to a light switch and has no power showing. All outlets were changed to new ones still no power. All these...

View more questions Search