Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr bill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Electrical problem
    Replaced a receptical with a switch and wired in a small led light for a cabinet now the breaker keeps popping off
    joecoolvette Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Ummmm, No.

The receptacle is for the full utility power. Do not know what country you are in, but;

USA = 120 Volts (At 60 Hertz)
    Europe = 220 Volts (At 50Hertz)
    Australia = 220 Volts (At 50 Hertz)
    Japan = 100 Volts. (Generally)

Now you connected a small LED light, connected to a switch, that power usage is rated at probably 100 Milli Amps.
    That would use less than 1 Volt.

Regards,
    joecoolvette
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 12:37 PM
    replaced a receptical with a switch
    Well, that doesn't tell us much. You have to tell us how you wired the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical problem [ 6 Answers ]

I have four wall mounted out door lights in the front of my home. A friend noticed that approximately every couple of minutes or so all the lights 'blink.' It is a quick blink however it is continuous and regular. I never noticed this before, do I have a problem, is it a short in the wiring,...

Electrical Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have an issue where I have 2-120V lines coming from a double pole 30. They both read 120 on my multimeter when I touch each line individually and connect the other side to a ground... however when I touch them together at the thermostat I don't get any reading at all. The resistance and...

Do I have an electrical problem or not? [ 6 Answers ]

First, the problem. I have two flush-mounted ceiling light fixtures on my front porch. Bulbs are constantly (1 yr) blowing out. This is frequently accompanied by a spark. It seems as though I recall having a spark at the wall switch,as well. I have tried fluorescent as well as incandescent bulbs....

Electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 1975 dodge power wagon. My after market ammeter shorted out and screwed things up, besides that all my wiring is old and brittle and broken. Where can I go and get a good wiring harness? I rolled the p/u years ago and when I put it back together I used a 1977 cab. The harness from the...

Electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1987 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 plow truck that will not start.  When you turn the key to start the interior light goes out and it will not start.  You have to let it sit for 24 before the interior light comes on again.  And the cycle goes on,  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

View more questions Search