Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpyle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Attic blower fan won't turn on
    Central air with blower in attic. No air blowing from the unit. If I switch to "manual" for the fan, I can hear a humming noise but the fan will not turn. "Squirrel cage" fan appears to move freely.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Best guess is a bad capacitor, if motor hums and moves freely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace fan/blower does not turn on automatically [ 6 Answers ]

I have a furnace, which worked well until today. The furnace fan/blower can be turn on manually (switching to ON position from the thermostat--Maple Chase 9600). However, when the fan switch is switched to AUTO position, and the room temperature is below the setting temperature, the furnace is...

Furnace Blower Fan Won't Turn Off [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I installed a brand new programmable Honeywell to replace my the ancient mercury Honeywell that was on the wall. I have a 20+ year old forced air gas with central air. The side effect has been that the furnace blower will not shut off. Whether the system is in "heat" or "cool" or...

Thermostat Q - Blower Does Not Turn ON in FAN Auto Mode [ 10 Answers ]

I just installed a NOMA 7-day programmable thermostat for an electric furnace/AC system (ceiling unit). I believe the wiring (5-wire) is correct. When I set it to COOL with Fan set to AUTO, it turns on the A/C and the fan automatically. Good. But when I set it to HEAT with Fan set to AUTO,...

Rth7000 fan or blower does not turn on.. Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just bought rth7000 programmable thermostat to replace the original thermostat. Unfortunately, after installing the new rth7000, it powers up and I can access the setting on the thermostat and I also hear it clicking when I try to turn on either heater or ac but nothing blows out, no...

Attic venting of bathroom exhaust fan [ 4 Answers ]

Our bathroom has a ceiling light fixture whice I would like to replace with an exhaust fan. I understand the need to vent this out of the attic and to have the duct well insulated to avoid condensation. The problem is access to the outside. We have a roof with four sloping sides, no vertical ends....

View more questions Search